PAX South 2019

Man I am awake this early want to go to shilos but they are closed.

@Naoza @SuperPichu FreeMarket Sunday in TT if you can agree on a time. Minimum three hours, must end before the Omegathon.

@geeklogan and I would be down. We donā€™t have to leave until 3:30

Start at noon in TT or earlier? Naoza canā€™t join us because heā€™s leaving early.

15 characters of can we do 10
@okeefe

Letā€™s do 10:30, because getting into TT at 10 is tricky. Letā€™s meet behind TTHQā€™s board game library.

1 Like

Really hoping yaā€™ll enjoyed. Sorry I couldnā€™t be there. Next pax I will be flying away later.

Guess who gets to spend the night in Chicagoā€¦

Approximately 2.7 million people from Illinois?

1 Like

I meanā€¦ Youā€™re not wrongā€¦

Fun fact gleaned from my travels. Houston International has exactly 0 water fountains anywhere in the gates. I imagine youā€™re expected to ask for a glass of water from the places to eat.

It was a good PAX!

Internet completely failing to work in most of Tabletop made it harder to coordinate than I expected. It felt like the old Otakon days: wandering around looking for someone to try and form critical mass.

I didnā€™t get to play games with everyone I wanted to play with, and Friday was a wash on games due to keynote > panels > birthday dinner > concerts.

We actually got a full real game in post-Sunday-dinner too!

3 Likes

Twas a solid PAX, I played more smash brothers with more random people than I ever did before. I never won a match the entire weekend but was always top 2-3 winning the KO count in match battles.

Jamspace was a chill place, saw a bunch of people that run it that are not MAG family directly but made sure I thanked them for doing the thankless job.

I am in need of a luggage upgrade, please send me your suggestions.

I also hung out with the Forumites that I normally donā€™t see. While I do miss playing games with the normal crew this was a nice breath of fresh air.

Next year I am staying all of Sunday, hotels be damned.

2 Likes
1 Like

You were a solid fight despite having to use the inferior controller :wink:

I enjoy impromptu Smash. I should do this more at PAXes.

Timbuk2. Their rollers are the best.

1 Like