PAX South 2017

Caylus doesn’t have crystal skulls. Also, the only time we half-played it, it was really hard to get crystal skulls.

Yeah, the easiest way to get crystal skulls is to max out the tech track that gives you skulls when you tag the top rung. Otherwise you’re waiting a long time for a single skull from the one spot on the wheel that gets you building materials.

More skulls is only great if only one person is aiming for them from the get-go. Two players just hamstring each other if they both go for it. Besides, who needs skulls when you can own all the corn? Corn is king in this game of marshmallows.

It was the first time I ever played the game. So obviously the strategy is to find “the castle” and just hammer it because you don’t have enough experience to know the optimal strategies yet. I couldn’t figure out what “the castle” was from the instructions, but crystal skulls were worth a lot of points, and were really fucking cool. So I went for them to the exclusion of all else.

Thanks to Amazon I will replace my POS laptop to a study standby laptop for presentation. I will have a battery again!

There will be a hoodie. I’m not a fan of orange, so I’ll pass. Why would anyone want an orange band across their lower back? I hope it’s not indicative of the East and West hoodies for 2017.

What’s a cut+sew tee?

Yeah, I’m with you on the hoodie. I love orange and would’ve gotten one if it was styled the same as the West/East ones from the last couple years, but it doesn’t feel right with the band. I dunno, maybe it will look better in person.

“The term cut and sew is used to denote a garment that has been customized from raw fabric rather than one that has been purchased from a third-party supplier and then screenprinted or altered.”

Interesting. I’ll have to evaluate it in person.

Every hoodie has been unique lately. The East hoodie is a fundamentally different design from the Prime one, and every one after appears to be doing something cool.

Fuck. I already resist the urge to keep buying PAX Ts… Now there’s HOODIES coming my way?

I am full up on hoodies, don’t care if it’s nice or not. Until one of my two PAX hoodies dies, no new ones.

Unless they make one that is awesome green.

Lookin’ at you PAX Aus.

[quote=“SkeleRym, post:47, topic:187”]
Lookin’ at you PAX Aus.
[/quote]I’m hoping. I would have bought one last year, if not for the fact that the options were bland gray and bland black. Ended up just buying a cheap Uniqlo hoodie instead.

There’s the Prime '15 hoodie (dark blue with light blue highlights, plastic zipper) and then the East and West '16 hoodies (metal zipper) which are palette swaps of each other.

1 Like

I’ve been listening to them a bunch, and a live set came up on Soundcloud. It was not too hot. I am a bit concerned they won’t rock it fully live. Or they will, and PAX will fuck up in their ability to run sound for a unique group.

At least it’s a concert at PAX and not a concert with its own ticket. If it doesn’t go well, I can just get up and walk out.

So here is my list of games we will bring, perhaps a few more smaller games if we can fit them in our luggage.

• 7 Wonders + all expansions
  • 7 Wonders Duel + expansion
  • Glass Road
  • Marrakesh
  • Patchwork
  • Lost Cities (in case Rym doesn’t)

Trying to whittle down the stuff we haven’t played yet and have enough two player games for when we have to wait for other games to finish, plus 7 Wonders to make Katie happy. Have other games in the pile that we haven’t played, but they are more likely to be in the TT library.

I’ll play Glass Road with you if we get the chance. I’ve already taken the effort of breaking down and reboxing these games to avoid checking a bag:

• Mamma Mia
  • Chariot Race
  • Power Grid: The Card Game
  • Show Manager
  • Thebes
  • First Class
  • The Princes of Florence
  • Tzolk’in

See also: PAX TT’s library.