Overwatch

If you leave, stay a citizen so you can vote later!

I have to pay federal income taxes if I do that.

But citizenship is a whole other decision to make with a separate set of concerns.

I quite used to the lag, Iā€™m just rubbish.

I lost two placement matches due to lag. For whatever reason I got stuck on servers that were shit for me, and I was the only one experiencing it. (I jumped into QP and had zero problems right after, and also had zero problems in other placement matches in comp).

When I say lost, I mean specifically we lost because of my personal lag. Multiple instances where a point push failed because I whipped around the flank to focus fire a turret or healer, the game lagged, and then the D.Va rockets missed. Tight games where that turret/healer staying up was the tipping point.

As a fellow D Va player, do you think the glut of characters with shields has made her ult less viable especially in QP? I feel like when thereā€™s always at least two often three or more shield characters that can block the self destruct itā€™s just not worth ulting except on the chaotic final push/defense or if you have a Sombra to take out shields.

QP kids are real easy to get with the ult. But, I donā€™t use it to kill when there are shields necessarily. I use it to get the Rein to turn around (and thus face focus fire from behind). I use it to scatter. I use it to break a choke.

I never use it to mass kill anymore unless the other team is incredibly unobservant.

Iā€™ve broken a lot of shield walls by getting a suit to explode behind them while my Orisa focus fires from the front.

Self Destructs used to get 0 kills in Overwatch League until people became absolute ninjas with their placement. Occasionally when I play D.Va I get something, but itā€™s certainly less common.

1 Like

Played a match of Overwatch today after months long break. During three rounds of control I went from ā€œhow does this game work again, everyone keeps dying, me includedā€ to playing a great round keeping people alive, killing enemies and just having a really great feeling round.

I think thatā€™s one great thing about Overwatch, I know Iā€™m not great even at my best, but even rusty I can be effective enough in play that I can feel good about my performance.

iā€™m in.
:scream::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::partying_face::cowboy_hat_face::skull:

2 Likes

After we livestream the show, Iā€™m going to eat dinner and then dive in.

If we get enough people for a private custom game, Iā€™m willing to play only characters Iā€™m bad at.

• Hamtaro
  • Genjo
  • Hanjo
  • Fisto
  • Grandma

I havenā€™t played in months, so Iā€™ll probably be terrible.

Fuck it, Iā€™m in. Iā€™m not bad at this game, but weā€™ll see how I go with latency from Australia to the US.

OK, Iā€™m about to eat, so Iā€™ll spin up in about an hour tops. Hopefully more like 45min. Iā€™ll come back in here to post when Iā€™m gearing up. Iā€™ll find you all in Blizzard.

Open expiring infinite-use Discord link so you can all join the same Discord in FRCF! Iā€™ll join it when Iā€™m back!

Iā€™m diving in.

15 characters of diving in.

Good games! Sorry I bailed early. This is too stressful even for me. I couldnā€™t keep my mind in the game.

Letā€™s do this again this weekend and/or later this week!

1 Like

man I am so bad now lmao
(but I had a lot of fun, especially the deathmatch)

Between the elections and the Overwatch, that went pretty well. I had fun playing with yā€™all!

Weā€™ll do this again. Group deathmatch is hella fun.

We should do it with only one hero. All D.VA. All Reaper.

ALL DOOMFIST.

After you left we did some Mystery Hero deathmatch, which was even better!

As for ā€œALL DOOMFISTā€, after 27 hours of him Iā€™m a half-decent Doomfist. Heā€™s also probably the least playable hero by far on 250ms ping, but maybe if yā€™all arenā€™t very good at Doomfisting Iā€™ll have a shot at winning :wink:

The game kept reminding me that I had to participate or I wouldnā€™t get XP. :frowning:

Playing Mercy in FFA Deathmatch is obnoxious.