Overwatch

[quote=“ThatGent, post:492, topic:291, full:true”]
Can you really blame people for getting Comcasted? It’s something out of their control.
[/quote]Yes. You can’t show up to a competitive sport without the proper equipment. It sucks, but if you don’t have reliable Internet, you have no business playing competitive esports.

1 Like

So everyone in the midwest with cable internet should be barred from online competitive sports.

1 Like

I just had an epiphany: When Reaper jumps off a ledge into the midst of an enemy and activates Death Blossom mid-jump “death comes swirling down”.

1 Like

CUSTOM OVERWATCH NOW.

complete sentences…

Remember when Roadhog didn’t suck?

He will be missed.

What did they do to him?

made him balanced.

(aka He’s CC, not a flanker or tank buster. Now he has to stay with team to be effective, instead of running off on a solo quest gold elims hurr durr. Seriously, the team suffers when a tank plays DPS and forgets to TANK.)

1 Like

Roadhog was already balanced, at least if you judge by the fact that he wasn’t significantly overused or underused in competitive play before.

His utility comes from his hook combo, which would let him basically instakill non-tanks he caught with a hook. With the rest of his kit, he made a fairly good roaming hero, able to travel out on his own safely and sneak a pick or two before a teamfight, since he could win a 1v1 against pretty much any other hero.

The change makes his combo essentially unable to kill targets on its own with any degree of reliability, so your only safety in using it comes from pulling targets into the rest of your team and having them focus. If the dropped the cooldown on hook, it might make him plausibly a CC, but outside of the hook his only good point is as a shield buster.

In a very real sense the nerf turns Hog from a scary roamer who can control flanking spaces just by being present into a bulkier, shittier Reaper.

Seriously, a hook that doesn’t kill and a self-heal that’s way less useful because he’s constantly forced to be near his team (thus in the line of fire and near his healers). What’s the point? Plus he doesn’t feel like Roadhog anymore. He’s not even intimidating.

EDIT: Also my team’s Roadhog kept charging me every time he got stuck with a Tracer bomb so I think they made him stupider somehow too.

He hasn’t been intimidating for some time now. I learned how to counter him hard as every one of my main heroes.

Partly because I hated him so much.

Do you exclusively play tanks and flankers or something? A lot of characters just don’t (didn’t) have a way to hard counter him. You could try to juke the hook, but he was really hard to approach without a barrier in front of you.

Grinded back up to plat successfully I guess. I think the Roadhog change has more to do with his ability to kill tanks with a competent team more-so than dps. Have not gotten to play with/against it though.

Goodbye Hog, don’t let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. Now if we can get a Symmetra nerf that’d be swell.

Symmetra is so easy to counter if you have even a moderately coordinated team.

3 Likes

RH in 2-2-2 tank-slot means you lose the shield battle & your squishies die faster. He was preferred in triple-tank + pre-nerf-ana meta for that reason.

This was exactly the problem. The fact that RH could win a 1v1 against any other hero = unbalanced. Not just that, but out of role. Solo kills are the terrain of DPS. He should be a shitty reaper because he’s not supposed to be Reaper.

[quote=“linkigi, post:503, topic:291”]
The change makes his combo essentially unable to kill targets on its own with any degree of reliability[/quote]
Yes, like the rest of us non-dps.

Getting elims is worthless if your team dies, so you need to be fighting with your main deathball, hooking anyone harassing mid/back-line, or indicating & isolating focus target with hook (ala discord). But because he was essentially 1-man-army, his kit encouraged bad play. I had the same sinking sensation for an RH pick as a widow pick, because it often signaled a desire to solo quest over game sense & team fights.

Do I think he’s a shitty tank? Yes, but he was already. Now death-matchers (aka those who don’t like teamwork) won’t pick him. However, I do expect a few mild buffs to come down once the meta stabilizes.

1 Like

No coordinated teams here. Stuck in wood solo queue and my friends refuse to play comp.

Overwatch is adding video export for highlights, it is reducing the number of duplicates you find in lootboxes, and it ups the number of credits you get for duplicates. Good things all around. Now give me my Roadhog back, pretty plz.

Also something regarding D.Va is dropping tomorrow, possibly an animated short.

1 Like