Overwatch

The increased ROF and clip for hog should make the right click - hook - left click combo easier to pull off, which if done right deals more damage over all.

I’ve played a few rounds on the new map and I think I like it but I can’t form a real opinion until it makes it into competitive. It’s odd to me that it’s a 2 point capture when that seems to be the most hated game mode. I don’t mind but I’d rather have another symmetrical capture map.

Placed at the very bottom of silver. Hopefully this just means some easy wins until I hit gold again.

Overwatch is removing the “Rate this match” feature, because according to Jeff Kaplan, despite their high expectations of getting interesting data, they’ve learned exactly three things from it:

• New players used the Rate This Match feature more than existing players
  • Players enjoy winning
  • Players do not enjoy losing

And absolutely nothing else.

Well duh.
//15characters

I don’t think I’ve ever used the “rate this match” function.
I think it would only be useful for spectators, but who even spectates in Overwatch except for pro matches?

[quote=“chaosof99, post:435, topic:291, full:true”]
I don’t think I’ve ever used the “rate this match” function.
I think it would only be useful for spectators, but who even spectates in Overwatch except for pro matches?
[/quote]I rate almost every match I play, outside of customs. If it’s a hard-fought match, I vote high, if it’s a weak match or a steamroll, I vote low. If it starts hard fought and turns into a steamroll, I vote middle. Doesn’t matter who wins or loses - I’ve low-rated plenty of matches where we just stomp the other team.

Not really bothered to see it go, though. It’s just a nothing, and most people don’t use it. Could be useful for spectators, might get better data that way, but like you said, who even spectates unless it’s a)on a pro match, or b)they’ve joined on to a friend and they’re just either waiting to get into a match, or just there for their mate and would vote like players do now anyway?

1 Like

I only rated matches low if they were vastly one-sided (regardless of if I won), or the people playing were being shitcocks. I rated probably every game.

I’m not surprised at all by that data. @SkeleRym even talked about this I think I believe in reference to why people cheat, that in theory people want evenly matched, hard fought games but in reality most people just want to win and the worse they trounce an opponent the better. So it is no surprise that the majority like the matches they win and dislike matches they lose.

I rated similarly, until I realized the data was absolutely worthless. However, if they had various labels they could put on the rating, like “steamroll”, “close game”, etc, that might have some value – although I don’t see that kind of information being difficult to glean from things like time to objective completion, objective progression, capture percentage, frequency of turnover, number of team/multi kills, etc.

… That is, if they wanted to use that data for matchmaking.

OTOH, if they were looking to quantify enjoyment… pfff

Had some real bad placements (including one Ilios game where a teammate intentionally fed for the entire match), and placed at 2431. Kinda annoyed, but I need to get my rank up before the Roadhog nerf.

I really do need to quit. I ranked at 900. There is literally no point in me playing.

Or maybe you just need to find a different role. I suck at clicking heads, so I doubled down on being the best Mercy I can be.

I gained over 200 SR last night. Hopefully I’ll be back to gold sooner rather than later.

I feel like my shooting skills are below par even for the lower tiers, but I have a pretty good understanding of the game and make smart decisions which put me where I am. I’ve started playing pretty much just mercy or tanks and making a lot calls over the voice chat.

I was playing a KotH game last night where one of the DPS players started complaining that everyone sucked partway through. After the second round of switched from Mercy to Roadhog because no one would keep Winston off me. I got 3 elims which gave me the gold. How the fuck does someone have the audacity to complain about his teammates when he gets 3 elims in 2 rounds?

I pretty much play Pharah still. I took 1.5 seasons off, so I kinda had to re-learn the game.

Quick play, le sigh. Today I joined a game and it went to Gibraltar Attack. After initial selection the team was a one tank (me) and five damage heroes, including of course the mandatory Hanzo and Widowmaker. I ask if we can get a healer, and the Widowmaker player tells me, and this is a quote “this is quick, nobody’s gonna do it”. Of course nobody did and we pretty much got stomped by a much more balanced team. Probably should have just quit that game immediately after receiving that moron’s answer.

We should form a 6-group and stomp around QP for a couple hours :wink:

2 Likes

If I’m there, I’m healing

I’ll be on later this afternoon through evening. I’m up for some QP stomp. It’ll salve the wounds I feel solo queueing placement.

Put up a post or something, I’ll be there.

Just lost a comp match on Dorado by 53 cm. Feels bad man :X