Overwatch

Very important PSA…

4 Likes

I was thinking junkrat’s shots could fall down them gaps last time I was attacking at that point but I wasn’t expecting this. I wonder if it can happen with the Teleporter as well.

I just realized that the most likely reason Overwatch has been full of salty children recently is because most of the US does spring break between mid March and mid April. Every solo game I’ve been in has been mostly micless / children for over a week.

I completed my Competitive placement matches now. 1-1-8 was my win ratio and I was surprised to get a high bronze (1240) from that. Hopefully I can get myself up to silver quickly.

I’ve worked my way up to mid gold with my usual group. Been climbing fairly consistently, despite occasionally being put into matchmaking with opposing diamonds. I’m fine with that, as long as we win ^^

Also been playing noob only widow customs, to work on aim. Conclusion? I am a great widow compared to noobs, and a terrible one compared to anyone with widow in their top 5 (who still joined the game bc they weren’t pros?? Thanks guys, glad to be your target practice /s). I was to set up a Zenyatta or Mei HS only game…

Playing actual matches with all bronze people I am seeing the angryest people in the world from. A lot of nill nill marches. But went down to 1030 and now got it back up to 1374 with some good matches. Outside of placement I am currently 6-1-2 in matches.

Weirdly your win ratio isn’t the only determining factor in placement. From what I understand there are other metrics like kill count, damage blocked, healing done, etc… basically seeing how well you actually know how to play.

I’m not seeing particularly more salt/abuse (even taking into account how much less default abuse I get by presenting male). But I AM seeing a lot of terrible, terrible players.

I’m pretty sure that your exsisting SR also matters in placement, ether from last season competitive, or your hidden SR that quickplay uses.

3 Likes

They’ve claimed that they weight more towards damage/healing/objective time based on what hero and role you’re playing, so wins are worth more if you’re playing your role “right.” They’ve also said explicitly that placement matches and outcomes are based on the hidden SR you already have.

I just got the game so I didn’t have anything from the previous competitive seasons. I also realised why I was having such a good time in competitive - I had turned off voice chat (While playing with people in a discord call) so I couldn’t hear anyone swearing into the microphone at me.

1 Like

The next Seasonal Event is Starting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpGrY9i8TSA

Ooooohhhhh, another PVE gig? I’m down.

Though, I feel that maybe Atlas News should be taking a long look, and asking a few hard questions as to why Strike Commander Morrison sent known anti-robot racist Torbjörn Lindholm on said strike team.

Also, attn @SkeleRym

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMtFaZSR-s0

1 Like

Also, the Lucio changes on PTR came through! I’m excited to see how the meta shifts.

I basically haven’t played since the winter Wonderland event. Can anybody catch me up on what has been changed other than the addition of Orisa and Junkrat no longer being able to blow himself up?

D. Va got made a bit easier to kill but now her defense matrix can stop bullets immediately (so Roadhogs can’t kill people through it), Zarya’s energy charges slower, Mercy’s ult gives her invuln, and Bastion takes less damage in turret mode but has less range.

1 Like

So they have basically given slight buffs to how I play Lucio since I remain close to the tanks and move towards none-flanking other characters when I need to…with the offensive upgrade being really good for me (Last competitive match I played with Lucio I was getting a 8 elimination streak while remaining holding the control point objective.). I hope that the decrease in Orisa’s headshot box will help me stay alive between shield movements.

Edit: The healing ring that is such a good addition to playing Lucio getting that lined up with a shield and shooting around a rein is amazing.

1 Like

Now that I’ve played all four heroes in the regular PVE event mode, I’ve taken to playing in the All characters mode, and just trying to use the most absurd team comp I can. It’s silly fun.

1 Like

I finally played again after many moons. That new PvE is super fun.

One of my favorites so far is when we won, using a Geni(in blackwatch skin), Mcree(blackwatch skin), Reaper(in Preorder blackwatch skin) and a Soldier76(with Strike Commander Morrison skin). It should not have worked, but it did, albeit partially because we organized to have “Group up with me” from 76 mean “I’m dropping a heal, get over here if you need it.”