Our community goals and rules

I called out nazis for a specific reason.

I am a free speech absolutist: I take a very radical approach to it, and I honestly believe that it is essential to the future of any society.

That said, fascism is on the rise right now. It is not a rhetorical threat. These people are dangerous, and while I in a strict sense support their right to express themselves, said expression must be met with vigorous, immediate, and constant opposition.

[quote=ā€œSkeleRym, post:30, topic:53ā€]
Party policy was whatever was expedient to the overall goal of attaining and holding power.
[/quote]That sounds darkly familiarā€¦

Iā€™m adding a new rule.

Unless you are sure that someone is comfortable with their meat name being used in the forum, donā€™t use their meat name. If youā€™re unsure at all, ask first. By default, assume people are not comfortable with it.

5 Likes

Thought this was standard practice?

Yes, but it happened, so doesnā€™t hurt to write it down just in case.

Fair doos

(15 words can huff my farts)

See the updated FAQ

Summary of the current rules:

1. Be mindful of your grammar and spelling
  2. Post intelligently
  3. Donā€™t be annoying
  4. Donā€™t harass anyone
  5. Donā€™t advocate fascism/white supremacy/hate speech
  6. Donā€™t use fellow forumitesā€™ real names without permission

Other details have been clarified as well.

1 Like

Sorry, you donā€™t have access to that topic!

3 Likes

Ditto in stereo

Me three 15char

Hereā€™s the real link

2 Likes

Right, the one really stupid thing about this forum software is that all the ā€œpagesā€ are actually topics and thereā€™s secret sauce making it all work. Itā€™s the worst design pattern.

https://community.frontrowcrew.com/faq

My bad, wonā€™t happen again.

1 Like

If weā€™re talking about the same incident w.r.t. using real names, I think I may have been the root cause when I chose to use your name; you may have just been following suit. Sorry about that!

Also, nice updated FAQ, Rym. Since thereā€™s a guideline for ā€œdonā€™t divert a topic by changing it midstreamā€, and the correct response to bad behaviour is flagging, does that mean I should be flagging most of the posts over here:

?

2 Likes

I think technically you should report all posts by non-white non-cishet non-males. Everything else would technically be on topic.

3 Likes

Is this a violation of Rule 5?

Iā€™m not sure if you are but I was definitely joking.

The topic was created by a non-white non-cishet Non-male so the whole thing is a contradiction to the rules!

4 Likes

My mind already labeled that as the shitposting thread, so everything is on topic. :wink:

4 Likes

Seems like weā€™ve been doing something right.