Oculus Rift (Virtual Reality)

Someone suggested that I try playing Subnautica, and knowing nothing about it, I looked it up and immediately imagined what it would be like in VR.

It’s purestrain “Holy shit scary ocean” in game form, and I think if I played it in VR and saw one of the giant leviathans, I would immediately die.

2 Likes

I never got No Man’s Sky, but as soon as they release the VR expansion for it hopefully this summer, I can’t wait to try that.

Not quite the same as Subnautica, but close.

I have one in my house. Distressingly it was delivered last Thursday 30 minutes before I had to leave for the UK Games Expo. For the record, it’s possible to set one up while sat in the passenger seat of a car traveling down the M6 if you have an abundance of mobile data.

I’ve downloaded a few bits and bobs and just using the interface etc. is very impressive. I’m hoping to make time this evening to have a proper play.

I own a VR capable PC, but for me the ability to play in the one room in the house that’s large enough without dragging my computer in there feels worth the hit in graphical fidelity. It’s the first VR device I feel I’m realistically likely to use in my current living situation.

1 Like

hitting coach Chili Davis

Ah, baseball.