Now that Donald Trump has Won

I’m not either but that’s deffo witness tampering.

Trump’s been obstructing justice since literally the start of his presidency. I find it unlikely we’re about to see him punished for this, even with Dems in the House.

4 Likes

The important thing is both are defeated by only answering the door in your pants. Preferably the worst, rattiest pair you have. In other news the NHK man doesn’t come round any more.

1 Like

“I don’t speak Japanese.” also works at least once until they send the one guy who speaks English. According to my friend the best way to make the NHK man go away is to say you don’t have a TV.

When I lived in Japan and the NHK guy would come by, I would pantomime that I only watched DVDs and then told himthat I don’t eat Japanese, deliberately using the word eat instead of understand, making me seem like an idiot foreigner.

That pretty much always worked.

4 Likes

Meaning you said “Nihongo o tabemasen”? or was it more like “I don’t eat Japanese (food)”?

I stuttered out “Nihongo ga tabemasen,” while holding up my English to Japanese dictionary and pointing to my head.

3 Likes

The dumb gaijin schtick, when used sparingly and judiciously, works so well.

1 Like

Trump is both trying to circumvent Congress and jack up his price for the wall.

Roger Stone was just arrested for Obstruction, witness tampering, and five counts of making false statements.

4 Likes

Before, it was all crime and lying over what regular rich people would consider chump change, so no one cared.

Now, conservatives will defend them to the literal death no matter what happens, and they know it.

1 Like

Two tidbits.

1. Watch footage of the FBI arresting Roger Stone
  2. And with the shutdown in effect, FAA shuts down incoming flights to LaGuardia due to staff shortage.

Interesting to see if LaGuardia’s shutdown would actually have any effect on Trump as it is the home airport for his private 757.

With laguardia, I’ve heard that it’s misleading to say it’s shut down or anything. Just a few flights may be delayed and fewer still may be cancelled. That said, I would say this is another step in the ever increasing “feeling” of having a shut down.

All I can say is despite this being smoke rather than a fire. I’m glad I’ve done all I need to do at LGA for the time being.

With the footage of stone. I tried to watch it. I’m really glad they got him.

I just really hate pre-dawn raids. They’re one of the worst things I can imagine. You don’t know if there were kids there or who sleeps naked. The combination of being really loud in the middle of the night exists exactly because it’s disorienting and scary.

I understand why they’re sometimes necessary, I still just hate them.

No incoming flights. Not just delays. It’s escalating rapidly. Philly, JFK, and Newark are seeing increasing delays.

This is going to get bad in a hurry. The next 48 hours will be a shitshow.

1 Like

I can understand that feeling. And maybe I’m a bit petty, but I feel less bad about them when they are done on a legitimate asshole like Roger Stone. However, for suspects whose guilt is less obvious, I agree that it’s a pretty rough and morally questionable thing.

https://twitter.com/TheAviationBeat/status/1088815844858253312

What I gather is that flights are being delayed so as to reduce the number of simultaneous incoming flights. Reduced capacity, not a lack of incoming flights. It’s bad, but let’s be accurate about what kind of bad it is.

Here’s a picture of the LGA shitshow and everything else up and down the east coast.

Shit like this makes me wish for a “fuck it no more flights” strike.

Not going to count on it happening nor is it probably the best option. But it would be satisfying, even if it meant a flight I was on being cancelled. A little shakeup is possible either way.