Now that Donald Trump has Won

How in the fuck is the Niger attack not a bigger story beyond Trump’s inability to display emotions toward the families of fallen soldiers?

I mean, if even half the stuff is true that I’ve read it is pure insanity. Four soldiers dead because they sent in troops on faulty intel, they didn’t have U.S. military backup but instead were backed up by the french military who weren’t authorized to intervene, when finally rescue arrived it wasn’t military but a private contractor who didn’t do a headcount and left one of them behind (Sgt. La David T. Johnson) who activated his beacon right afterward but only was recovered dead two days later (by Nigerian troops btw, not the U.S. military).

And now it breaks that this might not even have been part of a U.S. military operation, but Trump lending troops to the Russians. WTF.

6 Likes

Was only recovered two days later, AND was so mutilated that they outright refused to allow an open casket, and apparently were extremely reluctant to let his widow see the body, if they did at all. From her comments, it seems like they didn’t, but I can’t verify that.

1 Like

I’m continued to be amazed at the people willing to fall on their sword (metaphorically speaking) for Trump. I’m got to think the Secret Service by this point has to be thinking: “Is this guy worth taking a bullet for?”

1 Like

Remember Eminem’s freestyle from a couple weeks ago?

Now it has music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KkloTGF7vE

Instrumental version.

2 Likes

Really, censored? BET can’t allow the f word on the air?

“The fact that they spent so much time and resources to follow this girl, to treat her like she was the highest-priority criminal that ever walked on this earth — the way they’re treating her is just beyond what a 10-year-old special needs child should be treated,” said Priscila Martinez, an immigration activist at the Workers Defense Action Fund

3 Likes

Well, if this isn’t fishy…

2 Likes

3 Likes
6 Likes

Manafort apparently has already surrendered.
Meanwhile Trump campaign aide George Papadopoulos has pleaded guilty to charges of lying to the FBI. This happened on October 5th but only revealed today.

1 Like

I’ve heard some speculation from within the infosec community / where infosec meets government affairs communities that the fact that he pleaded guilty to only lying to the FBI might mean that he’s been flipped in exchange for not being charged with some other stuff.

It’s pure speculation and we’ll just have to see how this shakes out. but it’s something. 538’s coverage has been good.

I’m not sure what he lied about yet.

1 Like

Here’s a great explanation about the current situation and what is likely coming up:

Edit: Easier to read version

4 Likes

Things are looking…Good, hesitantly.

The stuff with Papadopolous is pretty clearly collusion with the Russian government, and may be actual tangible proof of Trump’s attempts to have Russia hack the Democrats in exchange for favorable Pro-Russian policy.

Ehhhh this is a better analysis. I’m not a huge fan of Seth Abramson

7 Likes

Jesus, Susan Hennessey is exceedingly well credentialed. I mean, I kinda expect people doing analysis on this kinda stuff to be but, like fuck. Ex NSA lawyer, currently general council of Lawfare, Brookings fellow at NSL… Harvard and UCLA grad? Jesus fuck, she’s qualified to talk about this.

How does she not have a wikipedia page?

3 Likes

Manafort’s bail has been set to 10 million. Will also be interesting should he manage to make it to prove that the money isn’t ill-gotten.

Also, courts have struck down Trumps “no transgender military members” decree. Good.

1 Like

This was the kind of summary I was after: