Now that Donald Trump has Won

Mueller is going to indict Manafort and it has been revealed that Manafort has been wiretapped under FISA before and after the campaign. That guy is fucked.

2 Likes

On top of that, it appears he’s enlisted the NY state prosecutor, meaning that he’s effectively cutting off Trump’s ability to Pardon him. Either he’s creating leverage, or they want to be really, really sure he goes down and stays down.

2 Likes

Oh shit son I hope this is just the beginning.

3 Likes

NBA players push back against Trump. I’m happy I don’t watch the NFL that actively encourages shitty politics.

2 Likes

Just… wow!

14 Likes

Yeah, I amen’d at this.

I guess I put this here because I really need to get rid of this some place:

I really have no clue why all these people are so upset over athletes taking a knee in protest. People claim it is disrespecting the flag and I have no clue how anyone with a sane mind could come to that conclusion. Taking a knee is in no way an offensive gesture. In fact, kneeling on one or both knees has been a longstanding gesture of subservience and reverence.

The charge that the athletes were “protesting the flag” is also nonsensical. It’s like claiming the Greensboro lunch counter sit-in was a protest against lunch.

I’ve now seen morons burning their season tickets and other idiots commending them “for taking a stance”, while condemning the athletes for essentially doing the same thing with their means.

4 Likes

This includes visa holders, legal permanent residents, and naturalized citizens. It also includes anyone who ever talks to an immigrant. So basically, me and my family (who are all either naturalized citizens or native born children of naturalized citizens at this point) are directly affected by this.

Not that I wasn’t already against virtually everything this administration was trying to do already, but this makes it even more personal.

My mother was even comparing it to the government of Antonio de Oliveira Salazar, who she grew up under, at this point.

1 Like

(white supremacy)

10 Likes

Yeah, I know that. It’s just that there isn’t even the slightest logical justification to hide behind. All of it is bluster and bullshit. “I disagree because reasons! I’m offended because reasons!” But I guess that’s all that conservative politics are in 2017.

I got in a heated argument with a woman in my paralegal class when she wrote “look up 4 U.S. Code § 8” on the board before class, which is the section of US code with recommended respect procedures regarding the flag and national anthem. I really pressed her, why this was inappropriate, and all she could muster was “something something flag is a symbol something something veterans.” Thinking on it now I think my professor saw that exchange and it was part of why she told me later that day I should go to law school.

4 Likes

What’s the penal code got to say about 4 U.S. Code § 8 violations? I’m guessing it’s silent?

That same code also says things like “you shall not use the flag as an article of clothing, in advertising, etc.,” stuff that the people who complain the most about the kneeling seem to do all the time.

4 Likes

Not a damn thing. Also all of the language says “should” not “shall” or “will” or “must.” As for the other bits like clothing or decorations when confronted with that she said “Well that’s different it not an actual flag” hypocrite that she is.

2 Likes

I like how the bit about not using the flag for advertising etc. seems to have been amended specifically to remove typical flag destroying things people do at protests but left the rest in.

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/justice-department-facebook-anti-trump/2017/09/29/id/816734

Trump is on another golf trip while american citizens in Puerto Rico die. That however hasn’t stopped him from using twitter to call out the mayor of San Juan, who has literally begged for help, for “poor leadership” and telling his followers that “they want everything to be done for them”.

4 Likes