Now that Donald Trump has Won

A month or two ago I would have been elated by the news, now it just rings hollow. At least we can hope for a smear interview.

3 Likes

The first letter of each paragraph…

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/hyrulewilds/status/898600912863678464

1 Like

Question is: Did Trump actually see the light and what a horrible shitbag Bannon is (highly dubiously) or is Trump just fed up with being a complete laughing stock and lashing out, firing whomever he thinks brings about most change (and of course Trump not realizing that a lot of it is on himself)? Third option is of course just political posturing.

This happened: http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant

The rumors have been that McMaster and Kelly have been pushing to fire Bannon on the basis that he was likely responsible for a bunch of leaks, and then last night he called up a journalist, didn’t ask to be off the record, and contradicted Trump’s public posture on North Korea by saying that military intervention is a non-option. This is the kind of thing that makes Trump furious, because he thinks it makes him look weak (see also the transcripts of his Mexico/Australia calls).

So Bannon is getting fired because he told a journalist we wouldn’t go to war with North Korea.

5 Likes

Aka, he got fired for the one good thing he did.

1 Like

This is the second time that Bannon has left Trump’s council. I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes a revolving door for him.

Also, he’s in charge of Breitbart again. Blech.

The Secret Service is out of money because of Trump’s frequent travel, numerous homes, and large family.

3 Likes

Well, Trump has now officially declared that he is okay with people shitting on the constitution if he agrees with them politically, and has pardoned Joe Apraio.

Also that Nazi-fuck Gorka has resigned. And Trump signed the directive banning Transgender Troops.

Must be nice to use a fucking hurricane to cover your ass politically.

Trump possibly getting a Katrina-type situation without hiring anyone to be in charge of FEMA is a fucking atrocity. But didn’t Mueller move things along with his grand jury?

My theory is that Trump literally couldn’t stand seeing a name in the news being talked about more than his, even if that name belongs to a hurricane, so he made sure everyone is still talking about him.

And sweet Jebus, I honestly can’t tell if im making a joke or not. That’s the reality we live in now.

7 Likes

I think the only reason it seems slightly better than Katrina is because no expected the Federal Government to be any help this time around.

4 Likes

So, it turns out that Russian cyberattacks on the election might have been not only more widespread, but more impactful than previously thought.

Money quote:

Ms. Greenhalgh will be watching closely. “What people focus on is, ‘Did someone mess with the vote totals?’” she said. “What they don’t realize is that messing with the e-poll books to keep people from voting is just as effective.’”

Also adding - especially when we’re pretty sure they also made a serious effort to grab very detailed voter demographic data, which we were previously a little baffled about, at least as to why they seemed to want it so badly. This would explain that pretty perfectly, as it would allow extremely precise targeting of this form of attack.

8 Likes

Clinton’s new book is coming out and the interviews and such I’ve read, kinda make me want to read it. However the headlines on articles about some of the stuff said are crazy in their attempt to agitate the left. Haven’t just listened to her interview on Pod save America, it’s really sad that we could not have her as our President, she would have been hella good at it.

From the quotes I have seen floating around the internet a better ghostwriter and a stronger editor should have been hired.

My school is having a “Constitution Day” on Thursday with the focal topic being Free Speech. One of the discussions lead will be “Free Speech in Historical Context” and I’m really tempted to go just to dismantle the notion that we have ever practiced Free Speech in this nation.

11 Likes

I will be cheering for you! Go forth and CONQUER

My dude, they flipped out and started attacking a well-reviewed Broadway play about people struggling and finding hope after 9/11, just because she said she liked it and encouraged people to go see it. They literally got enraged by an uplifting musical about people trying to work together and find hope in one of the most trying times for America since it’s founding just because Clinton said she liked it. Let’s face it, any headline that isn’t trashing her is by default enraging to parts of the left, they didn’t need to really try, which makes it all the more depressing that they did for the clicks.

I’m certainly considering it, though I’m usually not one for memoirs. Reviews from people I trust to treat it even-handedly are saying it’s surprisingly intimate and vulnerable, and spends a lot of time basically straight-dealing on all the things she’s had to dance around lately for fear of losing support, since she’s now double-underline done with the arseholes. Suffice to say, the headlines have been greatly exaggerated, as are the reactions from people damning it based on two-and-a-quarter pages out of 512.

3 Likes