Now that Donald Trump has Won

Worse still is probably 1 in 4 people are hearing that and nodding, “wow he really thinks ahead” they think to themselves. Couldn’t be happier. :unamused:

Who the fuck is even lugging sixty pounds of drugs around in a sack? Does he also think they wear stripey clothes and domino masks while creeping around on their toes like an old cartoon?

He probably thinks that people will make the pilgrimage to see his great wall, and walk all along it, like they do with the great wall of china. I mean, obviously, who wouldn’t want to see such a glorious monument to the success of the Trump presidency?

4 Likes

I want to know who has the arm strength to launch a 60lb sack like a trebuchet.

3 Likes

So, Trump wants to build a wall and cover it with magic invisible paint?

the emperor’s new wall.

3 Likes

To be fair, drug trebuchets are a real thing.

The CBC has a great piece on American Fascism

2 Likes

For real. Do you think Trump is really going to go down to Texas to see this wall?

Remember the episode of Arrested Development? Just have a few guys record themselves driving around a silo and talking about it like it’s the wall. Maybe bring Trump to the outside wall of a big prison building for photo ops and just tell him it’s the border.

3 Likes

Moran and Lee have flipped to “No”.

2 Likes

Because even if the media did question it it would not really have an effect, to be honest. The Trump administration gives no shits about norms, customs or transparency. As long as it is legal or concealable they don’t care. It’s how Trump has run his businesses for forty years. The answer to any questions about why they are doing this would be “Because fuck you that’s why.” And it is classic authoritarianism; look at Russia and China. Blackouts, runarounds, mind games, shit talking non-sanctioned media, its all there.

5 Likes

https://www.41nbc.com/2017/07/17/trump-panel-prompts-thousands-of-voters-to-unregister

Backup repeal only plan already torpedoed.

Maybe the old men shouldn’t name health care bills after breast cancer.

3 Likes

Trump continuing his habit of screwing things up and accidentally making 20 stories while trying to dismiss one.

In a single NYT interview, he managed to:

• Claim he wouldn’t have hired Sessions as AG if he knew he was going to recuse himself from Russian-related matters, indicating pretty clearly the reason he put Sessions on in the first place, at least in his mind

• That he believed that when Comey brought forward the Steele Dossier - which has repeatedly had specific claims verified as true - that Comey was actually threatening him with it, trying to use his knowledge of it as leverage. Not only is this an absurd claim - considering Comey is the biggest, most troubled boy-scout in America - he also gave a curiously specific denial about how it was all fake.

• Claimed that many parts of his own adminstration, including the Special council, were rife with conflicts of interest.

• All but openly threatened to fire Robert Mueller if he looked into Trump family finances. It has been confirmed that Muller is, in fact, looking into Trump Family and Campaign member finances. So let’s see if he has the balls to fire the FBI director AND the special council investigating him.

• He claimed that he doesn’t think he’s under investigation, and expressed bafflement at what he could be under investigation for, because he didn’t do anything wrong.

• He claimed that a previously undiscolsed meeting with Putin was “Only about 15 minutes”(which we know isn’t true), that it was “Mostly plesantries”, and they only “talked about Adoption.” Which, if you remember, is the same excuse used by Don Jr, in the meeting in which he very definitely wasn’t talking about adoption.

• Claimed he has incriminating information on Hillary Clinton, which has not so far been disclosed.

• Openly considered having a military parade right through Washington, 2nd world dictator style, much like he planned for his inauguration.

• Accused Comey of lying in his testimony, and claimed that he never spoke to Comey of the things alleged. Curiously, he also claimed that he didn’t talk to Comey about things that he previously claimed to have spoken to Comey about, or at least, claiming he “Doesn’t remember” talking about it.

• He criticized the current Acting FBI director, accusing him of doing a poor job, and having financial conflicts of interest.

9 Likes

Aka only talked about policy that the russians have a very keen interest in changing. If pre-election (like the don jr meeting) then possibly in quid pro quo capacity.

I don’t understand why “just talking about adoption” is being used like a defense. Russia banning the US from adopting russian kids was a direct response to the U.S. Magnitsky Act. If we’re talking about adoption it’s a bit like, “hey you repeal that shitty act and we’ll allow adoption again” aka collusion.

7 Likes

[quote=“Naoza, post:728, topic:125”]
Aka only talked about policy that the russians have a very keen interest in changing. If pre-election (like the don jr meeting) then possibly in quid pro quo capacity.

I don’t understand why “just talking about adoption” is being used like a defense. Russia banning the US from adopting russian kids was a direct response to the U.S. Magnitsky Act. If we’re talking about adoption it’s a bit like, “hey you repeal that shitty act and we’ll allow adoption again” aka collusion.
[/quote]B-b-b-b-bingo. It’s dressing up some nasty bullshit to make it sound innocent, the same as they’ve been doing since day one.

On firing Mueller, I wouldn’t be surprised if his staff had to talk him down from trying to fire him when he was threatening to do so. If he followed through on the threat it would be the most blatantly obvious attempt to keep anyone from seeing behind the ever thinner and more translucent curtain.

I actually have my worries about that, I mean if his staff had to talk him down then there’s basically a 100% chance that he’ll do so in a weak moment.

My issue is if he does, so what? We appoint another special prosecutor? Is that our only recourse? We rely on republican majority congress to censure or impeach a sitting president? Not much recourse in my view.