Now that Donald Trump has Won

[quote=“fundefined, post:687, topic:125”]
I think this is the silly part. Either reveal him or don’t. Threatening to do so is silly. “Doxxing” is an internet rule that media has never followed. I’m of two minds on whether that’s a good thing but regardless, the internet backlash would have been much weaker if they just outed him completely like many previous cases.
[/quote]They’re not threatening jack shit. The guy seemed remorseful, so they saw no need to release his name, it would have been unnecessarily cruel. If it turns out that he was just trying to dodge the consequences of having his Klan hood yanked off, then there’s no reason to protect him from consequences.

It’s literally just stating their intentions, and making it clear that there’s no deal to not release his identity, they just thought it was the right course of action for the situation, and making it clear that if the situation changes, so might their decision.

2 Likes

Also…

2 Likes

Donald Trump Jr. has basically now admitted that the Trump campaign attended a meeting with a Putin lawyer seeking/expecting information that is damaging to Clinton on June 6th of last year. There is now on-record testimony by the Trump campaign of collusion. Ho boy.

https://twitter.com/MaxTemkin/status/831716860194324480

9 Likes

Someone pointed out they may feed Don Jr to the wolves if it keeps the heat off of Jared. Which would say a lot about Trump family relationships.

Mueller is hiring a crack team, not the types for run of the mill stuff these are the folks you get when you’re gonna bury a mob boss. They’re all fraud and organized crime lawyers. Shit is gonna get real very soon I think.

He even posted the emails on Twitter! Defense attorneys everywhere are facepalming.

I feel for the guy who broke the story:

8 Likes

I mean, this is fucking insanity. There is now black and white proof of the Trump campaign colluding with Russia provided by Trump’s inner circle.

I don’t want to burst anyone’s bubble, but I have doubts that anyone who didn’t already care will be shifted because of this or that Trump’s team will get legally pursued for this. I will wait and see, like I have. I will tweet stuff out because I refuse to be quiet, but…I don’t want to pretend this is what will finally fix things.

3 Likes

Oh there’s no way this will change anyone’s mind. To be fair though l, I don’t think there’s anything that WOULD change some of Trump’s supporters minds. They’ve spent so long deflecting and defending they literally cannot afford to stop doing so mentally.

I’ve personally seen people go from “Russia didn’t do anything, period.” To “Maybe Russia did but no one connected to Trump knew” to now saying it’s all either fake, not a big deal, or Hillary did stuff too.
There is literally nothing that could be said or done to have these people change their minds. You might as well be arguing the science debunking Noah’s Ark to a hardcore creationist at this point.

4 Likes

Thing is, everyone except Trump himself is fair game for criminal prosecution by Mueller. I’m pretty confident Junior is either going to get charged or offered immunity in return for testifying against his dad.

1 Like

The people who remain members of the Republican Party are bad people. They know exactly what the party is doing, and they’re for it because it’s their last and only chance to ruin everything.

4 Likes

I disagree: a lot of the die-hards are more like cultists who can only view the world through the lens of the party line, without knowing or realizing how the things Republicans actually do conflict with their claimed principles.

1 Like

Just remember, when Richard Nixon resigned, under threat of impeachment, he still had about a 24% approval rating. One out of four people still approved of him as president!!!

If they can make a case where Ivanka could be thrown in jail, that might be enough to get Trump out of office.

Also, once the Trump group got the Russian intel, did they pass it along to the RNC and who in the RNC knew where the intel came from.

Hell, Trump’s Chief of Staff was head of the RNC before taking his current job.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Trump had to choose between Don Jr. taking the fall or Jared Kushner. My money is on Trump sacrificing his own son for Kushner.

So the way I see it there’s roughly 20%-25% of the population who are like die hard trump fans. Nothing will change their minds.

However there’s a lot more people who kinda reluctantly voted for him and some of them just might. That’s where this might matter. Whether it will or not is anyone’s guess but there’s a non 0 amount of hope.

1 Like

"Since the campaign, a popular, behind-his-back nickname for Trump Jr. within among these advisers has been “Fredo,” referring to Fredo Corleone, the insecure and weak failure of a son in The Godfather series who ends up causing major damage to the family. Over the past week, one senior White House official and a former top Trump campaign aide both independently and bluntly described the president’s son as an “idiot” — one who played a role in the campaign and Trump’s political rise simply because he “shares the same DNA,” the official noted.”

https://theintellectualist.co/trump-white-house-freak-mode-trump-jr-s-emails/

4 Likes