Now that Donald Trump has Won

As long as this scale doesn’t begin in “0% disturbing” racism then that’s cool.

Yeah, when society stops telling women to “make sure he rapes the other girl,” we’ll stop evaluating all men as potential attackers. Totally sexist, but statistically supported. But you know what? STILL DISTURBING. I mean, maybe not for the reasons you would immediately think of when you hear “disturbing sexism,” but still. Same goes for racism.

2 Likes

I concede the point. Wasn’t married to it, just being academic. But yeah given a second thought, it’s still disturbing.

I agree, this was a case of me not really thinking before I spoke. I genuinely am glad my err is being pointed out to me.

:rage:

2 Likes

I really really really really really really really really want to punch that fucker in his fucking mouth.

4 Likes

Better off going for that foot. You know it’s weak.

6 Likes

Vote’s just completed. The GOP has gutted the ACA. Now they’re literally going to celebrate with a kegger.

Gotta pass the Senate, at least. Anyway: vote them all out.

1 Like

What’s the play if your Senators and Congressperson are not evil in this instance? Other than contacting them to confirm support of their non-evil stances, I’m not sure who else I can reach out to in order to express displeasure and urge them to back off of this new plan.

Donate to campaigns in other districts where the race would be close.

2 Likes

Geez, this is all so goddamn frustrating to me. What gets me most is how smug and self-righteous those Republicans are being about this.

I’m going to continue to be as politically active on the local and state level as possible, but considering I live in Texas…it’s very hard to push through the sea of red here.

5 Likes

As a Kentuckian, I feel ya! Luckily I live in one of two counties that actually voted Hillary.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m on the same boat. I live in Austin, so it’s a little island of blue in a sea of red.

1 Like

A fundraising group called ActBlue is doing a campaign to raise money against every swing-district Republican who voted for the AHCA: ActBlue.
It’s raised $275k from small donors in 4 hours.

1 Like

And the terrifying news just keeps coming today:

1 Like

Thanks! I donated to ActBlue today!

Seeing Cerebral Palsy scroll past on a list of things the GOP deemed as pre-existing conditions made everything so much more real today. Thank you to everyone here who is fighting whether they have skin in the game or not.

1 Like

Trump has fired James Comey