Now that Donald Trump has Won

Yeah I guess I was remembering the first ruling from 2018. This felt squarely in the “you could have that argument, if you didn’t do these things” kind of thing.

Today has been a huge “didn’t that already happen?” day for me. This. The Epstein/Trump stuff, that I swear I read months ago word for word. And on a shorter time scale, Barr recusing himself (from an old case, but not from the current one that’s in the news).

And tons of people posting, “how did I not hear about this” on the internet.

Someone on reddit mentioned that part of the game is making people feel defeated by hitting them over and over and over again over a very long run without anything actually happening. Feeling a lot of that at the moment.

I just want wow classic to come out so I can put on a headset and pretend it’s 2005 again or something.

2 Likes

I hear that. A few friends and I already picked races and classes, were gonna either find out our glasses are rose colored or were gonna have a great time.

Just watched the trump citizenship question on the census thing. Sounds like they’re dropping the question, but he’s attempting to intimidate non citizens to not fill it out with all his comments and his “executive order”.

Congressional Democrats sued Trump for the same reasons and that case is still ongoing:

“A similar case, filed by congressional Democrats, is now before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, and legal experts say the question could well wind up before the Supreme Court.”

EDIT: Trump making anti-Semitic statement caught in court document.

Good to know Trump’s EPA can be bribed.

1 Like

This thread from someone who worked on the Democratic campaign running against David Duke (KKK leader, explicitly racist dude) in the 90’s. The lesson he learned by running against the guy twice is probably about as good of a comparison on the wrong and right way to run against a racist as the Democrats have.

Or if you want to read it on Thread Reader

4 Likes

Ugh Tim Wise.
f i f t e e n

1 Like

When accused of a crime, a truly innocent man will behave in a particular way. Trump does not act like an innocent man at all.

Watching Mueller testify right now, I was not aware that in a courtroom you can just refuse to answer every question

What are you referring to? This isn’t a court? He’s under oath, but agreed to only answer questions about five bullet points.

1 Like

See above about it not being a courtroom but also look up any prior congressional hearings to see what dodging question really looks like.

1 Like

After the Mueller hearing Delaware’s one representative is supporting impeachment articles.

Trump is showing up at the Jamestown Settlement museum next Tuesday and I’m taking off work to protest. My wife works for the museum and us telling me volunteers and employees suddenly have dental appointments in droves, and a few even straight up saying they aren’t coming in because they don’t want to be held responsible for any action they may be tempted to take.

4 Likes