Notable Deaths

That answer just breaks my heart.

Tom Seaver was almost definitely the best Met ever. There were better players that played for the Mets at one time or another, but they didnā€™t do their best work for other teams. Pretty sure Tom still has more wins for the Mets than any other pitcher. He had Alzheimerā€™s/Dementia for quite awhile now. They say he actually died a couple days ago from that and also COVID, it was just announced now-ish.

Not having been quite old enough to see him play, to me he was always just that player all the old Mets fans revered. He wasnā€™t as good or as famous as the legendary players on other teams, because weā€™re the stinky Mets. I also never cared much about him since before he fell ill I heard frequent stories about how he wasnā€™t a very nice person.

RIP anyway Tom.

I donā€™t know what to say. This guy was perhaps the best at explaining theory without calling it theory. Heā€™s always been my go to for introducing coworkers and friends to post-ā€˜bomb chuckerā€™ anarchism.

I am at a loss for words to explain how big a loss this feels.

4 Likes

Kool & the Gang are one of my favs. In summer of 2018 I went to see their current incarnation at a free concert in Corona Park. It was pretty great.

Damn, Firefox send.

100% saw this coming. We even talked about it on the last Monday show :wink:

Ths is why we canā€™t have nice things.

I guess thereā€™s still magic wormhole.

Installing a python package is a nonstarter for non-computer people and phones/tablets/whatever though.

1 Like

I cannot say this with enough emphasis: FUCK!!!

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m in literal shock right now. Things are going to get even uglier.

The United States is one Senate vote away from complete totalitarian fascism.

The only solution is for the Democrats to control the Presidency and the Senate and to expand the Supreme Court.

Otherwise, any major piece of legislation Biden tries to pass will be invalidated.

RBG down. I imagine Iā€™m in the same chaos as the rest of you.

Press F for The US.

I just dropped another $100 towards Act Blue sponsored Democratic Senate races. Please put your money where your mouth is if you can. If you donā€™t have the cash you can call and write elected officials.

2 Likes

Imagine if she had stepped down voluntarily during Obamaā€™s last term. Would have been super handy and way more considerate than her hanging on to the position assuming: Clinton would win, or if Clinton didnā€™t she could survive for 4 or 8 more years. Oh hindsight is a wonderful thing.

2 Likes

Van Halen was a band I respected a lot. Never spoke to me but they stand out in 80s synth rock as great.

6 Likes