Nintendo Switch

Mario on Friday.

Hmm. The Amazon physical preorder price is $12 off for Prime members.

Hmmmā€¦

Why do they keep doing this? I donā€™t want a cartridge, but I also want to save $12.

1 Like

Yep. So conflicted. Wish they gave discounts on digital, but they wonā€™t.

It does say guarantee delivery on Friday if I order today, but I donā€™t really trust. Got a few hours to decide.

Donā€™t worry about the delivery. Every single time Iā€™ve pre-ordered a physical video game with Amazon Prime, it showed up by EOD on the official release date.

I committed to not dealing with carts, and Iā€™ll pay the extra $12 to not ever have to think about them.

3 Likes

Yeah. Iā€™ve thought about all the times I got annoyed having to search for a cartridge already. $12 is not worth it.

Oh, look who we have here.

4 Likes

LOL, bitching about $12 on your cheap hobby.

Thatā€™s like, 12 bagels, or 6 really good bagels, or 3 full on breakfast sandwiches.

Everything for my cars is $100s-$1000s, you get no sympathy.

1 Like

Yeah, because computers and cameras as so cheap.

https://secure.newegg.com/Wishlist/SharedWishlistDetail?ID=nrYfMY6tUQs%3D

Ha, $2K is like half an engine rebuild.

I would hope a car engine that is rebuilt lasts longer than the 5-6 years I get from a desktop PC.

Except that by then Iā€™d be rebuilding with stronger components for more power. Much the same reasoning for building a new desktop.

Except software continues to demand more horsepower. Roads are still roads. I wouldnā€™t buy a new PC if software didnā€™t get more demanding. Also, if my current one wasnā€™t getting all flaky.

And games are just a waste of time, letā€™s not go there.

I just donā€™t want physical carts. I donā€™t want to have to carry anything ever.

I suppose the only exception would be games I expect to play a few times and then never again (so I can sell/give away the cart).

Yā€™know, the baffling part is out of the last few preorders of physical Iā€™ve done from Amazon, only one has shown up on release day. Kinda embarrassing considering I live like right next door to the offices haha.

1 Like

The fact that this adapter I bought for Smash for Wii U will work on the Switch makes me think my eventual Switch purchase is likely.

2 Likes