Netflix Animated Shows

Cannon Busters looks really mediocre, which is a shame since sci-fi western is a great genre

also Dragon’s Dogma anime, what the fuck. What’s it gonna take to get a sequel game?

A few years ago, Nickelodeon announced that they would be making new TV movies for Rocko’s Modern Life and Invader ZIM.

Netflix got them both.

Block all ads everywhere always.

2 Likes

Ads are a cancer of late capitalism.

1 Like

Ads are a disease of capitalism as a whole with different stages having different severities, later typically being more malicious.

The true purpose of ads today is either:

1. To extract revenue from a third party for a service you provide, in order to monetize “reach” or “engagement” as opposed to an actual product.

or

1. To convince passive consumers to spend money they wouldn’t otherwise spend

Any other use is a minority case at best.

That’s a bit simplistic don’t ya think?

Ad for some tv show that just says “here’s what this show is, come watch it” doesn’t fit neatly into either category unless you consider getting you to watch a show like increases the chance you’ll buy merch of that show or if it’s on regular tv watch it on cable and then watch those ads.

I mean it ultimately comes down to convincing someone to spend money you wouldn’t otherwise spend, but not as directly as you make it seem.

1 Like

Those are just ways to use excess ad inventory to increase views on other ads you managed to actually sell.

Or as Rym put it “A minority case at best”.

That’s not my remembered experience. (admittedly I’ve not been advertised to in a traditional way in quite some time) But I remember a fairly high percentage of ads not being for like… things you don’t buy, just ads to tell you when other shows, generally related to what you’re already watching are gonna be on.

It’s the same as an ad for Facebook or Google. An ad for an ad.

Seems a large portion of ads are ads for ads.

If you see a lot of ads like that on something, it means that thing isn’t selling its whole ad inventory and is probably in financial trouble. That, or it’s in pure growth mode.

TV networks have ads for their own shows when those shows are failing, or when their advertisers are bailing on them.

https://youtu.be/zSV42j8lccg

I am highly dubious that the muppets can do dark fantasy. However, Thunderbolt Fantasy is one of my favorite anime in the past five years, so I might give this one a chance.

1 Like

Did you not see the original Dark Crystal?

2 Likes

?

They… have done dark fantasy. Already. It’s happened.

5 Likes

I did not. From what I’ve gathered, the original movie was not super great, but that is secondhand knowledge.

Ignore your second hand. It is wrong.

5 Likes

I generally don’t trust other people’s opinions of 80s movies until I see them myself. Far too many rose-tinted glasses.