Nazis marching in America

If you can get a good New Republic or Rebel flag that might work.

2 Likes

Is there a flag for the internet yet?

Goatse surrounded by cats rampant

4 Likes

Kekistan?

Pride this year had issues with gay Republicans complaining they felt unsafe and unwelcome. I WONDER WHY ffs.

2 Likes

You want ā€œGoatse proper,ā€ so that you can reproduce it in its natural colors. Gotta make sure to get that blazon right!

Will someone fund my research into cyberspace heraldry?

1 Like

Pride flag is like the Mexican flag to me. I donā€™t feel irked or disturbed by it, but itā€™s not something I feel represents me in anyway. In some ways itā€™s worse cause I feel like it should but doesnā€™t.

Reminds me of my simplified comparison between patriotism and nationalism.

Patriotism is cheering for your countryā€™s team at the Olympics.

Nationalism is bombing the country that beat your countryā€™s team at the Olympics.

Everyone should just fly the Provo flag on their front lawn.

1 Like

Provoā€™s old vitamin logo was the best worst city flag. Iā€™m sad they got rid of it.

If I had a streetside house I would have to seriously consider flying the Minutemen flag from FO4.

1 Like

This guy?

1 Like

Unless the Underground has a flag Iā€™m forgetting about.

Iā€™ve never played fallout four so I just googled for it. Wasnā€™t sure if I had it right. Or if thereā€™s like more than one minutemen or something

If I ever attended an anti-Nazi/white supremacist/etc. protest, I really want to fly this flag as a counter-point to all the Confederate traitor flags that are likely to be flying:

Civil_War_Flags-10

(For those not in the know, itā€™s the battle flag of the Civil War Massachusetts 54th Volunteer Regiment, also known as the Massachusetts 54th Colored Regiment, made famous in the movie Glory).

1 Like

My relationship with the pride flag is complicated too, but the thing is, when I see one displayed publicly (or esp a trans flag), I feel there are increased odds I amā€¦ safer. Safer from stupid questions, stares, aggression, unwanted attention: The opposite of someone publicly displaying a US flag.

2 Likes

In first grade they started the pledge of allegiance and I just had an inherent rejection of that whole thing. I just had a natural inclination against it. Iā€™d hide under my desk. And as an adult, I think back to the fact I did that as a kid, and Iā€™m just like, ā€œthat fucker apparently got it before I ever got it.ā€

I feel the same way about most ā€œflagsā€ and other symbols people want to band behind. Maybe they are useful tools, but tools imply purposes, and I think thereā€™s something about putting agendas and purposes behind symbols and objects that is just wrong in some way.

To be a bit weird, but forum appropriate here, identifying yourself by a flag or a word or whatever can be fineā€¦ but it can also be turned by someone else into a ā€œyokeā€.

Iā€™m not totally sure what else I want to say, but it just grabs me that naziā€™s and otherwise are being manufactured, indoctrinated, and sent out into the world by what really amounts to cattle prodding and other incredibly basic animal momentum. Some groups may even come out on the same side as me, but I feel like an overwhelmed paranoid person that so many technically adult human beings are never second guessing themselves or thinking about second, third, seventh order consequences.

3 Likes

The Nazi I knew has fled the country. Long story short he was at Charlottesville and couldnā€™t get work after being exposed as a Nazi. Now heā€™s moving to Thailand. I have an odd hope for the future because of this.

7 Likes

Literally fuck him. I am glad every time I hear one of these jackasses gets fired after being spotted. I know my local antifa pages have pointed out a guy who marched there who lives near me.

5 Likes