Nazis marching in America

Hydraulic Press Channel could use some new items for crushing.

5 Likes

Much better than Tina Fey’s “sheetcaking” tactics :P.

1 Like

I believe the plan is to relocate them to a park with various military memorials, which is more honor than they deserve. But hopefully they’ll at least be in a more appropriate context with plaques and shit and not in the town center.

That is better than town square but still not sufficient. Were that happening in my town, I’d join any movement tearing them down after they were moved.

It’s a bit more specific than that. They won’t represent white supremacists who march while armed to the teeth. The national ACLU has also come out in agreement with this stance. In other words, “Nazis, if you’re going to march, leave your guns, pitchforks, and torches at home, otherwise you won’t get any legal representation from us.”

3 Likes

BTW, I love this solution to dealing with the red tape of moving monuments… It’s pretty brilliant, I think.

1 Like

Not gonna argue with ya there, and I’m liking @Apreche’s idea about making a donation to the Hydraulic Press Channel!

SPLC center has some issues as well I’ve been annoyed by some of their taring of Muslim reformers they have done a few years back, but I don’t expect perfection from my institutions

2 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

Here’s how a German town that happened to be the former burial place of Rudolf Hess decided to deal with all the Nazis that regular show up there:

https://mobile.twitter.com/FJPotts/status/898553698691014656

2 Likes

There was supposedly going to be a KKK rally or something today in Durham at noon, pretty good protest turnout. Sounding like only a couple KKK / Nazi types showed up. Looks like they gave up for now although there’s talk of them trying to do it later today (which would be outside of the permit period I heard, so we’ll see what happens.)

Edit: Apparently no permit had been issued.

Yeah, the reports I’ve seen are that something like five nazis showed up and were scared off by the presence of a few hundred counterprotestors, who then proceeded to have a dance party and graffiti the statue pedestal with “Fuck the KKK.”

This is pretty much exactly what we want to happen any time Nazis show up anywhere – antifa won’t have to use physical force when the Nazis are scared and outnumbered a hundred to one.

9 Likes

Hey check out the first letter of each paragraph in that resignation letter… that’s how you know it’s Arts & Humanities people. :wink:

11 Likes

Madison is taking down their Confederate monuments:

Wait, Madison had Confederate monuments?

It’s honestly kinda difficult to find a large city in the US without them.

Framing this as “free speech vs counterprotesters” is making me want to punch a nazi :weary:

3 Likes

Unofficial report from BPD officer suggests the right wing rally is over with an attendance estimate of 20. Meanwhile, many resisters on Twitter are saying they can’t even see the Boston Common yet – the march is that big.

9 Likes

There were rumors spreading that the Nazis had left at least 30 min before I reached the Common, and I couldn’t even see the back of the march from where I was. It was fucking massive.

Does anyone know where to get training to be a street medic in the Boston area? Either training aimed specifically for street medics or an equivalent but generic first aid course would be fine.

4 Likes