Mouth Moods and Dreams

http://neilcic.com/mouthmoods/

It’s technically amazing, and as listenable as Mouth Silence. I’m still processing it.

4 Likes

Well there goes getting to sleep at a reasonable hour tonight.

There goes my playlist for tomorrow.

An invisible man.

Sleepin’ in your bed.

Fairly hit and miss for me.
AC/VC, Annoyed Grunt, Bustin, Smooth and Wow Wow were fun and I’ll add them to my regular portion of my library.

Track 14 T.I.M.E. is just ruining 2 great songs that keeps reminding the listener they are listening to a piece of music that pales in comparison to the originals.
In comparison AC/VC emphasises both of the component songs to make a fun song.

Very coherent as a full album though (as long as I pretend 14 doesn’t exist, lol).

Awww fuck yeah.

I thought Mouth Moods was going to be a funny name for food cravings and I’m honestly really disappointed right now.

2 Likes

This has tured my brain to scrambled eggs for breakfast.

What’s the best song to introduce someone to Neil? Something off Sounds? Bustin’ is pretty good though too…

Welp, I just started listening and I don’t think I’m going to make it to the end.

When the popcorn and the bodies hit the floor, I also hit the floor. RIP: Scott 1982-2017

2 Likes

Honestly I don’t think it matters, pick one you like. He’s so weird and different that someone will either love him or hate him immediately.

1 Like

This seems interestingly put together, but nothing about this do I find enjoyable.

I got about 30 seconds into it. Then skipped forward a few times. I also found nothing enjoyable about it.

1 Like

I appreciated popcorn and tiger the most I think.

3 Likes

I listened to the whole thing. I don’t think I enjoyed all of it, but it consistently surprised me with the technical execution and unexpected combinations.

About halfway through. Popcorn is great. AC/DC is too much of a novelty. Doobie Brothers x Linkin Park also can’t hold its own with the rest of the album on the first listen…

Home Improvement/Disturbed/Mungo Jerry/MIA/Simpsons/Mario Paint/Third Eye Blind/Rammstein is on the level with Wndrwll, ie. brilliant.

Tigers has more Mario Paint so that’s good.

Neil’s mashup works have a definite split between “technically interesting” and “enjoyable at face value.” Some have both, but they are definitely the minority.

Take Aaron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVKIva2KddY

It’s a great song even if you don’t watch the crazy video and have no idea who Aaron Carter was. Put it on at a dance party and it fits in just fine.

Now take Wndrwll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHI7bCYj3uI

It’s certainly… interesting. You see him take a song and a modification of that song, and then attempt every variation. A pure “Variations on a Theme” of a technical meme.

It’s interesting, but few people would say that they enjoy it outside of that technical appreciation.

I do, but I’m weird.

1 Like

Wndrwll’s so good, but you know we both agree vis a vis Hell Orbs etc.

Also enjoying both movements of this One Week song suite. O Canada.

My 5AM commute was infinitely more interesting today.

SO GOOD.

It scratches the same itch that fugues do. Fugue is one of my favorite types of music, and always has been.

1 Like