Miscellaneous Music Thread (Include a Description with your Embedded YouTube)

So, I discovered Adam Emond, who takes existing songs and cuts out every other beat. The results are pretty wacky.

0 Likes

0 Likes

I’m kinda mixed on this track to be honest. It’s a fun little doom surf track, but it lacks the heavy drive of something like Hipster Shakes or the drawn out intensity of a Fever Breaks. I like it, I look forward to seeing it live, but I worry BPF’s best days are behind them.

0 Likes

When looking up bands for a music festival that I really want to go to at the beginning of may (though I’m not sure I’ll be able to), I found the band “Spanish Love Songs” and they are really good. They are also in a recent trend that I found of bands such as Off With Their Heads or The Menzingers, who sing really kick-ass songs about deeply depressing shit.

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

1 Like

Still one of the best music videos ever:

0 Likes

I’m very grateful for the existence of ColorsXStudios

0 Likes

I’m a BIG fan of The Correspondents lately.

Excellent electroswing.

0 Likes

Auralnauts came up with a clever idea: Turn YouTube’s ContentID system into a charity. They’ve produced an original album that they expect you to freely download or purchase (links in description), then upload to your own channel. If/When YT catches it, all profits from monetization will go directly to the Inner City Arts charity.

2 Likes

Oh man, The Correspondents was my jam a few years ago. And their old school approach to practical effects in videos is awesome.

0 Likes

0 Likes

New track from Auralnauts!

0 Likes

I’ve been drifting through japanese music videos. Why has nobody told me there was a colab between Asian Kung-Fu Generation and Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra?

0 Likes

New Chemical Brothers album. They’re actually playing Forest Hills Stadium in August. I’m going to see Weird Al there, but I don’t think I need to see Chemical Brothers Live.

Some good tracks on this new album, though.

0 Likes

I dig the new Chembros album.

This is easily my favorite track:

Dogspeed, pupper

1 Like

I’ve been wicked into Post-Rock lately.

I’m pretty sure Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven is going to be one of my Desert Island Discs if I every make such a list:

1 Like

Been getting into Russian punk/alt rock and these guys are a blast

0 Likes

One of the modern synthpop bands I keep an ear out for has a new video out:

Just loving the synth lines on this, and the video, and the vocals, and just all of it.

0 Likes