KPop - aka Only Scott Cares - aka Not as Good as Metal

This was unexpectedly over 9000.

Also, the company behind BTS (BigHit) has only ever had one group, which is BTS. They announced they are making another group with 5 dudes. Will it become BTS2?

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=144&aid=0000584408

The youtube algoritm gods (who I so rarely listen to) showed me this.

It’s clearly ancient as I only found it after like 1.5m views. Looks to me like a dojo enjoys kpop and performative martial arts and it also looks like I enjoy kpop and performative partial arts.

Sexy Bois

Note: A love shot is a thing in Korean drinking culture. You basically wrap your drinking arms around each other.

Special Holiday stages on Music Bank this week.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/wiki/music-shows/music-bank/20181221

Also, I’m late to the party on this Yubin comeback.

Get ready because there are going to be a lot of special stages coming from award shows and end of year celebration shows.

A lot of things have gone down. All the new year specials with all their crazy stages. New songs from Chungha, LUNA, and APINK. New Japanese song from Red Velvet. A new group coming from BTS company. Jessi signed with PSY’s company that he formed after leaving YG. BLACKPINK is going on an NA tour with no dates announced yet. Red Velvet is selling their NA tour merch online.

Most interesting of all, though, is that MTV is putting out this documentary about Tiffany, Amber, and Jay Park. They all left the US to become KPop stars, and have now all pretty much come back home. Although I guess f(x) technically still exists, so Amber could go back, but that is a very unlikely dream.

As I said, BigHit, the company that “owns” BTS is creating their second ever group. So far they are batting 1.000. Here’s the announcement.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1290767wpp/big-hits-new-boy-group-is-coming-heres-introduction-to-first-member-yeonjun

The group is called TXT. That name is corny as hell. It stands for “Tomorrow X Together” but I don’t think that will matter at all. BTS is corny as hell also. It stands for Bangtan Sonyeondan which translates to bulletproof boy scouts. The leader of BTS was named Rap Monster. They changed the name to “Beyond the Scene” at least for the English speaking world, and Rap Monster changed his name to RM. I’ll never accept those name changes though. Gonna keep using my Phoenix web browser and Tappan Zee Bridge. The point is that BTS is even cornier than TXT.

Dat dance.

Does this count?

Sure, so does this:

That’s what I’m talking about!

Anyone watch Sappy? Any thoughts?

It’s catchy and good, but not incredible. I like their first Japanese release, #CookieJar better. Probably because cookies.

Not much going on right now, so a throwback. This didn’t quite come in first for cover of the year on various voting places, but I have a huge appreciation for Dreamcatcher’s cover of Bang Bang Bang.

Loona has been releasing teasers for their upcoming comeback, and they’re just… incredibly beautiful. The latest one, for Yves and Chuu, just came out today. I’m still not over it.

XIIX: Gowon in Iceland, location of Haseul’s solo

XIIIX: Olivia Hye in Paris, location of Heejin’s solo

XIVX: Yves in Hong Kong, location of Vivi’s solo

Smarter people than I keep theorizing about 'em. Really hyped for this comeback - if the cinematography is even half the quality of this, I’ll be ecstatic.

Itzy, the new JYP GG that my girl Somi would have been in if she didn’t leave the company, is coming way sooner than expected. Here’s the teaser. It sounds like one of my favorite KPop genres, which is music they play in hip clothing stores while you shop.

There’s a huge drama going on about really disgusting and awful things going on at a club that BIGBANG’s Seungri previously owned. It seems he gave up his ownership because he has to enlist in the military. Still if he knew or was involved in the goings on at this club, it’s really the worst.

Luna from f(x) didn’t hold back on TV slamming SM taking half her YouTube money. Apparently in August (when her contract expires) she will get all the YouTube money. That either means she is leaving, and f(x) is officially dead, or she renegotiated her deal. It’s really not unfair since I think the company does all kinds of work for her videos production wise. Unlike other KPop artists that do it themselves.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1300447wpp/fxs-luna-speaks-bluntly-about-her-struggles-as-a-solo-artist-and-splitting-youtube-profits-with-sm

SEVENTEEN’s new song “HOME” is pretty interesting.

Also I went into a Paris Baguette to get a sandwich this week for lunch. Love Scenario by iKON was playing. I mentioned it to the cashier and they were surprised old man Scott knew KPop. Power up by Red Velvet came on next. XD

They here:

TAEMIN came out with a solo jam

Wa$$up and 9Muses both finally officially disbanded. Here is my favorite Wa$$up song.

I don’t really like any 9Muses songs, but other people like this one:

BTS presented at the Grammy Awards

Red Velvet is in the US. Going to see them on Sunday.

BLACKPINK was at a pre-grammy thing and is doing other biz in the US.

Jennie from BLACKPINK and Irene from Red Velvet were spotted together in LA.

Hwasa solo is coming soon.

Hwasa pulls off the transparent clothes a lot better than JYP ever did.

BLACKPINK dancing with Michael Strahan??? What the…

Someone fancied up Lisa’s dance in a very Cyberpunk way. I actually found this via a RT from a Netrunner related Twitter account.

My bald bro Peniel put out a Valentine’s day song.

And so did fany.

Dreamcatcher’s new song is hella cool.

The Intro track on the Dreamcatcher album is straight up dubstep XD