I'm Saddened... (Board Games)

I hope they translate the title.

Idiot Pole.

Metagame (the actual title) is a pretty modular game that is actually working on the apples to apples/CAH framework, but target more at mature adults vs immature adults. The most risque thing about it is vaseline is a card object.

Probably new art for base game plus all the maps.

Love the BGG site redesign finally made it to the early teens in WebDesign.

So there’s a German Metal band, POWERWOLF. They made a co-op adventure board game. I don’t know if either the band or the game are good, but the fact that it exists means I must share it.

2 Likes

Press F for all the wallets out there.

1 Like

Eh. I’m not so sure. Sure, the initial set will probably sell well, but as a dungeon crawl, the game seems lackluster, especially compared to games like Gloomhaven and app-enhanced games like Imperial Assault. As a one-versus-one miniatures game, it’s violating the Rule of Four.

My prediction… the initial set sells well, but subsequent expansions will not and within a couple of years the game will be abandoned.

1 Like

I don’t disagree. The game could be quite bad. That hasn’t stopped plenty of other games from selling like hotcackes.

I’ll never understand how Elder Scrolls as a brand has the legs it has. Sure, Skryim/Oblivion/Morrowind had such appeal because of their open world, emerging narrative, but the actual IP of Elder Scrolls is so flavorless I can’t describe it as anything other than “fantasy”.

1 Like

Its simply brand loyalty/nostalgia filter. There exists a huge group of people that buy Bethesda branded products without any real discernment because they enjoy the “experience” which is just experience the known IP over again.

These are also the people who are more than thrilled to sink 120 hours into a 12 hour game.

4 Likes

My litmus test is to see if someone preferred Skyrim vs Witcher 3 because they are diametrically opposed versions of the concept of an open world game. If you pick the former than we are just 100 percent different kinds of gamers and I hope they enjoy their nth hundredth hour in No Man’s Sky.

Yeah. BotW had an open world with novelty to explore literally everywhere. Skyrim-like games feel like giant empty worlds filled with brown and gray things.

2 Likes

Joke’s on you I can’t stand either of them.

Rym’s on the money though, I would say BotW is the only open world game I truly enjoyed

https://youtu.be/imlFxSr6oqw

I hate this kind of stupid advertising shit.

1 Like

There’s no way this joke RPG is going to make me buy a Wendy’s product. I’d much rather see them spending all their corporate cash paying artists and creatives than dumping $$$ into Google/Facebook ads or some dumb shit. It’s pretty well done, and a lot of people got a good laugh.

I feel like it’s way more dangerous and insidious than plain-ol’ advertising.

What if brands were just your adorable friends on social media? :face_vomiting: