Identify Yourself - Post Here First

Honestly, considering the state of our nation, LOUD is the only setting that is appropriate.

2 Likes

Jon here - May, 1982. I am a mechanical engineer, musician, husband, father, and board game enthusiast here in central Illinois. I came across some GeekNights videos on Youtube while researching game design a few months ago, and since then I’ve purchased several new games, started watching anime, and reading a lot more - thanks fellas! I’m here to know you all better, and share what I have to offer.

6 Likes

josh
sept 1989
3/4ths of an engineering degree
Discovered game theory pax talks on youtube.
avid board gamer. Less so video games. When i do they’re older games.

3 Likes

I can guarantee this will never happen here.

2 Likes

Yeah, while we have a pretty wide variety of viewpoints here, they by and large range from center-right to far-left and there are no fascist wackos (at least none who show it, anyway) on here.

1 Like

I wanna make the joke from a bit of Fry and Laurie where the guy goes “well my father is Libreal Democrat and my mother is centre right labor so I should be central green but I’m actually a nazi”, but even joking about that isn’t funny anymore. If I wasn’t both on mobile and in Italy I’d link to it.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

My name is Logan, born 1996. I am a scientist working on my PhD in Biophysics from Michigan. I have been listening to GeekNights for years, but I have been putting off making a FRC account because I’m lazy. The recent nonsense with twitter has changed my mind on that front, so I hope to have a more positive experience here!

5 Likes

Hello! I’m Jonathan Belaire and I’m 24 years old. I graduated from LSUS with BS in Computer Science. Currently working as a software developer for a pharmacy software company in Shreveport, Louisiana. I (try to) make games in my free time and also love to write and play music. Geek Nights is one of the few podcasts that I’ve actually kept up with for over a year and I’ve finally joined the forum! woohoo!

2 Likes

Wow, reading through these made me realize that I’ve been on this forum for about 7 years, slightly longer than my entire adult life.

3 Likes

I am Christopher Orr, born April 26, 1980 making me older than I like to admit most days. Born and raised in Columbus, Ohio, but I traveled around the world in the Army. My only connection to GN/FRC is having listened to the podcast starting back around 2009-ish, and being a lurker in the old forum.

By profession I am an trust & estate attorney, but I used to be a computer programmer, Army interrogator, and DOD security clearance analyst. Obviously, my life has taken some weird left turns over the years.

For fun, I am an ultrarunner (distances over 26.2 miles), with multiple 50 mile and 12/24 hour races completed. I also read copious amounts of sci-fi/fantasy books (and I like Dune, fight me), play JRPGs on Switch/3DS/PS4, and indoctrinate my infant son in the various facets of geekery.

2 Likes

I’m Adam Blumenau, 27 years old, mechanical engineer at a one of the big defense contractors. Born and raised in MA, got my masters degree at WPI. Discovered Geek Nights from their shows uploaded on Youtube.

Nerd hobbies wise I’m play video games, board games, roleplaying games. I really enjoy games on a fundamental level. Been getting deeper into tabletop gaming in the last year(s) and hoping to make a roleplaying game good enough to publish on Drivethru.

Non nerd hobbywise I mainly enjoy reading and drawing, although I’ve dabbled in making cosplay for a local ren faire. I enjoy horror and fantasy, nonfiction-wise I enjoy mythology and folklore

I sort of hate talking about myself, so I hope that introduction wasn’t too painful to read.

3 Likes

What part of the Bay State are you in now, if you’re still here?

currently living in Marlborough

Heh, I’m currently working in Marlborough.

Raytheon or GD? I know a bunch of folks in both.

Welcome!

Given MA, chances are wicked good it’s Raytheon.

3 Likes

Yeah, Raytheon is HQ’d in MA and also has a couple of facilities not too far away from Marlborough. GD’s locations are a bit further away.

good snooping, yeah it’s Raytheon. have worked at 3 different facilities so far. Their coworker gaming groups are pretty weak, but that’s not a surprise considering I’m 27 and still part of the youngest people working there

Sounds about right. Banks and defense are both places waiting for this “internet” fad to pass, so…

I work for a General Dynamics company so, I feel ya, what with being not young but still amongst the young’uns. I’m 30, everyone else in my work-group is at least 50. There was a guy at least 80-something until about 6 months ago, finally made him retire. Lot’s of “this place has gone to crap; back in the 80’s…” I just tell myself that I’m sure they heard a lot of “this place has gone to crap; back in the 40’s…” in their day.

2 Likes