How Did You Get Your Avatar?

I think I’m the only human bothered that your face isn’t centered in the circle.

Being exactly centered is also weird.

If the whole of your face is within the circle, you can be off centre depending on how much of whatever else is surrounding your face.

Then you can weight placement accordingly.

But, I guess peephole avatars work too.

My avatar is Tomoko Kuroki from WataMote because I used her likeness as the image for my first Shadowrun character, whose name happens to be Tripwire.

My avatar is a beautiful picture of my last dog Roxxy wearing my studio headphones. I felt like it was time for a change from Freak Power In Ohtori and wanted something relaxing and wholesome for a change.

It’s kinda sad but I desperately wish I could date Rosa Diaz from Brooklyn 99.

1 Like

I saw that for the first time at PAX. Of the main cast, she was my favourite.

Light criticism of the show and Hollywood in general: Everyone in that cast is too attractive to be a police force. She’s possibly the worst offender.

Counterpoint: Hitchcock and Scully.

2 Likes

I choose to believe Daria is watching the whole world burn in this gif.

As an aside I’m afraid to rewatch that show only to find out it doesn’t hold up.

I rewatched it a year or two again and still loved it. Go for it.

1 Like

Have I explained this? Noticed you could change your name on Battle.net. Thought hey, sure, why not. I thought it was like Steam where it doesn’t really matter, you can change your alias a thousand times. Nope. Locked down (at least somewhat). It’s a reference to Price Robot IV from the Saga comics, so that’s my avatar. Honestly more than a little bit fitting because I can be a bit of a pro-technology anti-natalist at times, so maybe sometimes I taunt from that position kinda in-character? But most people here have met me IRL I think, though maybe they don’t remember me too specifically.

1 Like

Were you at a PAX East before 2015? I feel like we met there, but I met so many Forumites and I didn’t manage to associate all the faces with usernames.

Yep. 2013 was the last one I went to.