GeekNights Tuesday - Rumble Nation

Tonight on GeekNights, we review the extremely elegant Rumble Nation (天下鳴動). It's shockingly deep for how quick it plays, with some nods to both El Grande and Settlers of Catan (but not in the ways you might imagine). In the news, Scott remembered that Camp Hyrule existed, awesome hackers are dropping extremely aggressive two-headed skeletons into Red Dead Online, and OWL's Paris Eternal will practice in New Jersey for reasons. Also, Scott has GeekBites of both Neonimo and Death Crown!

Things of the Day

Episode Links

Episode on Patreon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnB-sCKycyY

Due to issues relating to Libsyn and updating it to work with Spotify, we ran out of Libsyn storage.

For now you can listen to the episode on Patreon or via your dedicated Patreon Patron RSS feed.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/33952113

1 Like

When I read the title, I thought it was a WWE game.

The episode should be working now. Let me know if you have issues on any platform.

We should do a Monday episode about our tech stack.

We had to build it from mostly nothing in 2005 and evolve it from there. Podcasting wasn’t really supported by anything for a loooong time. We had to build a lot ourselves.

Even worse, most podcasters did everything by hand. They didn’t produce nearly as much as we did. Even today a lot of solutions require a lot of manual labor. There aren’t good APIs or automation pipelines.

Even today, most of the podcasters I know spend 10x the time-per-episode that we do to get everything published… If Scott wasn’t an A-class engineer and I wasn’t a skilled audio engineer we definitely wouldn’t have been able to keep this up.

Huh, you don’t say.

1 Like

Is Name That Beard in the flash dump?

GOOD CALL. I’m going to look for it.

Sounds kind of like Direct Fucking Yahtzee.

Is this game buyable?

I don’t think it’s easily available yet.

I am trying to acquire one and have thus far failed.

I had a notification on my calendar that this episode came out 1 year ago.

Is this game buyable?
(Maybe it should be one of those asynchronous online games you two were talking about…)

It’s buyable, but maybe not easily? It’s a game from a small Japanese publisher, so…

It could be a good online game, but not a good asyncrhonous one. It’s a very small and short game. You don’t need to play async when one complete play takes just a few minutes.