GeekNights Tuesday - Exercise Games

Tonight on GeekNights, we consider exercise games like Ring Fit Adventure, Dance Dance Revolution, and Super Team Games. Also those arm wrestling arcade cabinets. (Don't break your arm). Games where the game plays the player and not the other way around.

In the news, join us for some train games at 18xx.games, the Nintendo Gigaleak is a fascinating moment in games history that will take us months to fully explore, and Internet trolls take out the US Army on Twitch.

Things of the Day

Episode Links

Live stream:

On Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/39827840

Stinger:

2 Likes

DDR (Stepmania) changed my life.
About a decade ago I decided I didn’t want to be obese anymore. I’m 6’3" and I weighed around 300 lbs. DDR was an exercise that I could tolerate doing after delivering mail all day long. After six months I had reached my initial goal of getting under 250. Over time I added more exercises to my regimen and grew more disciplined in my diet. Today my weight is hovering around 190.
Without DDR I might be struggling with severe health issues today. Bemani has my gratitude for creating this wonderful game.

5 Likes

That’s an amazing progression!

1 Like

Dance Dance Revolution: the real revolution.

1 Like

Playing board games online: I had a shit-talk idea to make Q.E. online. Would that work well? Would you play it?