GeekNights Thursday - Bike and Car Shares

Or maybe you don’t mind riding a crappy heavy bike, and want a free one that you don’t have to dock/undock?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you’re probably right on this front, since Rochester’s bikes, while they didn’t weigh 60 lbs, weren’t light nor were they exceptional machines. They were just convient, but I can hardly find any around anymore.

When I biked north on that path to Brewster I actually saw a ton of Lime bikes up through the Bronx. I mean, they just put them out that week, so they weren’t destroyed or moved yet. That was definitely the initial deployment intelligently placed onto a friendly bike path. I did see one person using them, but that’s it. I’ll have a status update next time I go that way.

It’s way easier to just steal a regular bike.

If criminals were smart…

It’s more knowledge and work to steal one of these special bikes than to just cut the wire on a regular one.

You’re not wrong but. I think a MadMax style like… bodysuit or something made of a citibike would be cooler than one from a regular one. Maybe turn the handle bars into a hood ornament.

I think the distinctive colour and branding would be really cool on a post apocalypse bodge of a metalwork.