GeekNights Monday - Home HVAC: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning

Tonight on GeekNights, we consider Home HVAC: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. We've previously covered server room cooling, and the show is interrupted at the end by a classic. In the news, New York is taking some action on robocalls (though it's honestly too late at this point), people are upset that Microsoft is forcing Edge on Start Menu web search results, and Unity acquires Weta Digital.

Things of the Day

Episode Links

A few weeks ago we drove from Germany through a bit of Poland and into Czechia. The difference in outside air quality in the towns was VERY noticeable between the different countries, based on what regulations there are are on coal fires in personal homes. Poland smelled of the 1980’s.

Only had a box fan here in south Texas until I finished college. Didn’t seem as hot back then. It helped that our small wooden house had huge windows that let gulf air pass straight through. The thing I couldn’t stand was the cold in that old house. I used to warm up water and put them in containers under the covers as I tried not to freeze to death lol. I remember the 1st time I slept in an insulated house during the winter. The warmth was so nice I wanted to cry haha