Games You are Currently Playing

Stellaris 2.2 and “Megacorp” has dropped.

It revamped planetary management and resource accumulation significantly. Minerals have to be processed into Alloys to build ships and Starbases. You need consumer goods to expand to new colonies. Your population needs housing in addition to food. Planets have differing specializations beyond Agri-world, Mining world, Generator world.

The base game is currently on sale.

7 Likes

This one, though:

3 Likes

You played Earthbound just in time to get that joke.

1 Like

Fuuuuuucking hell.

So I got the game and thought, hey lets do the campaign mode to unlock everything, I can do the story and kick it off without a problem.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fuck this. I am almost done it and can safely say if you want to RPG in a fighting game its for you. I have my OP combo and riding it with Bowser to the end.

My current strategy is DK + two Punching power spirits + Polar bear that makes you basically an immovable, unflinching object. I can usually combo dash attack into forward smash and win in 10 seconds.

Those feels tbh.

10 hours 3 minutes, 100% adventure mode. It knew how to end a long campaign, it wants me to start new game plus now. NOPE

That’s fast. I’m about 19 hours in and maybe at half-way point.

I picked up House of the Dying Sun for PC during the Steam sale. It’s basically X-Wing + Homeworld + Battlestar Galactica. It was only about $5-6 and I’m very happy with it so far.

https://youtu.be/56fCuO7JEy4

1 Like

I got the new AssCreed for free thanks to Google. I’m really enjoying it thus far! Although I keep flirting with everyone it gives me the option to because Kassandra is so hilariously bad at it.

Finished Subnautica. I played with Juliane. Me using the actual controls and Juliane keeping notes and telling me what to do. In other words she played it like a point and click adventure game. It took about 36 hours. Good fun.

That could be a cool co-op mechanic to bake into an actual game. Everyone has a separate screen, can’t do everything themselves. It’s the Captain Sonar model.

That’s kinda how we were playing.

“You’re running out of oxygen!”

“Oh shit!”

“Remember to pick up some charged power cells!”

“Thanks!”

“Have we been here before?”

“Yup, but go north east and we’ll find something new.”

I bought Breath of the Wild, but I know it’s going to entirely subsume me once I start playing it.

So instead I’ve been playing through Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, which I got as a freebie/stretch goal for the Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night kickstarter.

Normal mode on Veteran (hard) difficulty is basically an improved Castlevania III. Beating that unlocked Nightmare and so on for Ultimate mode, and playing those on Casual difficulty (infinite lives, no knockback) is a nonfrustrating way to speed through them. At some point this unlocked the last mode, Boss Rush, which might take me a while.

Level design is good, the music is good, the enemies are super reminiscent of Castlevania I and III, and the bosses are inventive.

If Ritual of the Night is anywhere close to this, it’s going to be great.

As you can tell from my avatar (if you can see it it’s kinda dark) I beat The Witcher 3 and Hearts of Stone DLC. Plowing through Iron and Wine now. Don’t really know what to say about it besides that I love it. Same with Sleeping Dogs, which I finished a few days ago.

2 Likes

I’ve always had a soft spot for the Tales Of series, and Tales Of Vesperia is at least FUN, but it has the “13 hour tutorial” problem, and at least two fights that are basically bullshit because your only character just gets stunlocked and sliced to bits.

If you’re looking for a decent JRPG, I’d say go for it (it even has that thing Scott likes where you can dodge the random encounters by avoiding them on the overworld).

Resident Evil 2 remake is very good.

I have heard nothing but praise for it, can’t wait to have the $60 to pick it up.