Games You are Currently Playing

Too good.

We should play this weekend. Get some multi-lance battles going.

In my dream world, thereā€™s connectivity between a Battletech sort of game, and a Mechwarrior sort of game. Kind of like Battlefield2 or 4ā€™s Commander mode, where youā€™re essentially playing an RTS in one mode, commanding people who are playing an FPS. I canā€™t get enough of asymmetric co-operative modes.

Also, Deep Rock Galactic is shaping up to be basically everything it promised, and a bit more, which is bloody nice.

Robot Natural Selection. Sign me up.

1 Like

I keep thinking ā€œI should buy a Switch!ā€ and then falling back to ā€œI just put together an emulator, why donā€™t I give Metroid Fusion and Earthbound a shot first?ā€.

Bought Frostpunk after seeing it release on Steam. Didnā€™t really know anything about it and found out itā€™s from the This War of Mine people. Itā€™s a base builder thatā€™s similarly bleak and Iā€™m finding myself engaged in a way itā€™s hard for games like this to do for me. Itā€™s got some problems Iā€™m finding with management but it sounds like theyā€™ll keep updating with content and whatnot so hopefully they fix some of these things.

1 Like

Games You Will Be Playing

Just finished BotW, the music in the credits was worth it. Next paycheck Iā€™ll get Super Mario Odyssey (not translated by Emily Wilson).

Beat God of War over the weekend, still working through all of the side content because the game is so fun to play, just have a couple valkyries and getting all the treasure in Niflheim left. Overall Iā€™m not in the same group as those saying itā€™s ā€œthe best game Iā€™ve ever playedā€, I will agree that it is certainly one of the, if not the, best made games of all time. There is just so little to criticize about the game on any level.

Itā€™s real good, would play again.

2 Likes

I am a bit bitter sweet about finishing the game.
I am afraid that I might be a bit overpower before the ending. I am about to enter the point of no return, and I have overcome 3 Valkyries and Kratos is at level 7. I want to do most if not all the side quest before the end, but I am afraid that it might be a walk in the park if I do that. In the mean time the game has proven to be at the right size of difficulty at every chapter of the game.
Also, Odin kind of sucks so far.

After getting 100% on God of War, I took a small break but have gotten back to finishing Mario + Rabbids and also started Cuphead. So the general consensus has been that Cuphead is really hard, but Iā€™m just not seeing that? Iā€™ve played it for an hour and got to the second island with only 17 deaths. I guess the bar for game skill is a lot lower than I thought it was. Iā€™ve watched a couple streamers try to play it and I seem to be better than a lot of them. I guess personality really does matter more than skill when it comes to being a successful streamer.

OMG Shapes & Beats ()@&#%)(&@#$)^(*@)($_()!@#&^

I didnā€™t realize that game was out. Was fun at pax.

Replaying Nier: Automata again because Iā€™m feeling up for a punch or two in the feels.

Iā€™m at what I am 99% sure is the actual final boss of Shapes and Beats.

I was really excited when I saw a trailer for Wizard of Legend as it seemed like a fun little rogue-like I could play with some friends online. However, looking into the game, it apparently only has local co-op, which meant that my interest in it plummeted.

However (x2), I read about the new (to me?) Playstation SHARE Play, where for up to 60 minutes, a friend can watch you play a game remotely and you can actually ā€œhand offā€ control of the game to your friend without her/him having to actually own it. Not only that, but SHARE Play allows you to play local co-op games over the internet.

So even though my friend wasnā€™t sitting next to me, and didnā€™t even own a copy of Wizard of Legend, we were able to play together for a couple hours. After 60 minutes, the SHARE Play session expires, but you can just pause your game and start a new one.

This is super cool!

Still hooked to Rainbow six siege, and have started PUBG! these two are running on pc most of the time.

Hey just a little question from my side, I own a PS4 too so is it just me or the GOW hype all died?

Bought the game on the first day of release and I have only played 2 hours. It didnt attract me that much. :frowning:

Unless itā€™s truly incredible, most single player game hype seems to die off pretty quick, as more and more people play it to completion and put it out of their minds.

I think itā€™s mostly been beaten by people and they moved on. Iā€™ve been trying to play through and mostly not having the best time. I will say the game starts to pick up in a couple spots but it takes hours to get there. And Iā€™m concerned any other good moments will have just as much buildup (which was way too much).

I was also starting to find the chests that open with puzzles to start really slowing down the momentum for me personally because even if they take 15-30 seconds the momentum has already stalled for me and Iā€™m less interested in whatā€™s happening. So if something takes me more than a moment to figure out then I just move past it, despite my drive to complete the puzzle.