Games You are Currently Playing

I know in DOS:II Armor of frost is basically required for undead. People who love standing in poison tend to find themselves spontaneously on fire pretty consistently.

Skellingtons get Free health potions in DOS:II; people need to burn mushrooms for that nonsense.

One thing I am starting to realize is while my main character is talking I can move the rest of the party into battle position. So if a fight has dramatic dialogue it just means I get to place my party members in better spots.

2 Likes

“Hope is a mathematical certainty”

I have been given a strange brooch as the only lead to find a missing scholar, my trail has led me to a farming moon full of paranoid locals, and a figurine hidden amongst the bushes gave me the radiation analysis that sent me into a maelstrom. Amongst the barren moons I found a trail of clues leading me to an abandoned house on a dead planet and I may have just discovered literally the most important artifact in an ancient civilization’s history. Punctuated with a discussion over whether it’s safe to jump onto a crumbling roof in which my robot companion uttered the words “hope is a mathematical certainty”. And the entire time I’m slowly unraveling a dead language with the most innovative “translation” gameplay I’ve ever seen

This game is amazing. I’m only 1.5 hours in and I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface . This is the most incredible archaeology/visual novel/Bioware-like game I’ve ever seen. Seriously, go check this out. I’m floored by how fluid and intuitive they’ve made a game with this many moving parts. Oh right, it’s called Heaven’s Vault

2 Likes

Literally had a nostalgic dream about Okami last night. the HD version is 50% off on PSN right now

1 Like

Went back to Slay the Spire since I heard there was a new character. (And also my computer could run it again.)

The watcher is pretty neat. I’m currently in the test build so I don’t know how much will make it to the final build, but I like what I’ve seen so far.

Being able to scry your cards helps against monsters that like to spam your deck with status cards is extremely useful.

I’ve been playing Fallout 4, though largely to build a broken character that can survive a nuke to the face and beat death claws to death with her bare hands.

1 Like

Taking a break before I go back into Disco Elysium with a Judge Dredd build and instead playing some Stellaris again while I REALLLY cannot wait for the Federations DLC to finally drop.

Rogue-likes. Rogue Legacy and 20XX.

I am absolutely horrible at them.

Playing a shit ton of Stardew Valley. Let me know if anyone wants to start an FRCF farm together.

Putting a bit more time into Shadow Tatics: Blades of the Shogun which as far as steal games go is pretty stellar so far. I see a lot of comparisons to the Commando series which is a bit before my time. Game as a great way of telling you to quicksave/save-scum runs so it ruins any feeling of guilt for scumming out levels because this game is difficult. With how far the cones of vision are and how intricate the search patterns get it feels like a big accomplishment to get even one goon to break away to their doom. The isometric RTS stye took a bit of getting used to but the controller support helped a lot.

Technically since I’ve been playing it pretty much ever day for two years I am also playing Tekken 7. I bodied a lot of people at Magfest but there are some killers back home. It’s still probably the best active fighting game on the market today.

1 Like

I may be down for this let me recover from South.

1 Like

I just found the most adorable information about Mario from Dan Rykert’s interview with Miyamoto

“If you’re familiar with things like Popeye and some of the old comic characters, you would oftentimes see this cast of characters that takes on different roles depending on the comic or cartoon. They might be businessman in one [cartoon] or a pirate in another. Depending on the story that was being told, they would change roles. So, to a certain degree, I look at our characters in a similar way and feel that they can take on different roles in different games. It’s more like they’re one big family, or maybe a troupe of actors.”

The original Donkey Kong was originally meant to be a Popeye game, but Nintendo lost the rights, so they changed the sprites and voila! Two new franchises were born.

so TemTem is good. It’s Pokemon, but an MMO. I’ve just made it to the first gym, first boss fight with the bad guys. It’s Pokemon. I haven’t played enough to know if it transcends Pokemon, but just the fact that they actually gave us a functional online Pokemon is worth celebrating.

I’ve been playing on and off last night and today and haven’t had any server issues so far. My friend said that it still sometimes gets dicey around primetime, but it’s release week for an MMO.

Playing some Starcraft Brood War. I’ve never played it seriously until now. Currently going through the Terran campaign. I’ll probably stick with Terran, practice some build orders, and look up some competitive plays. It’s been really fun and surprisingly not as big of a skill floor than I thought, although there are quite a lot of starting options and paths to take.

Only other RTS experience I’ve ever had was playing a bit of Age of Empires II.

I know Ubisoft is not the greatest company and Uplay is terrible, but all that aside, Anno 1800 is an incredible game. It’s just the right mix of city-builder combined with light RTS for combat elements that just hits all the right spots for me.

Plus, you can play cooperatively where you and up to three other friends can all control the same faction. I was playing online with a friend last night and while I was building up our settlement and doing the city-building stuff, he was controlling our fleet attacking pirates and fulfilling trading quests. Then, when we expanded our settlement to a new island, I was improving the old island while he was setting up our settlement on the new island. I’ve never played a game like this before where you and your teammates both control everything. It made for an incredibly fun and collaborative experience. Oh, and it’s absolutely draw-droppingly gorgeous.

Highly, highly recommended!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFiaAbOjoU0

1 Like

I bought this game on Steam called Moonlighter. I think I saw it at a PAX once. Similar to Reccetear in concept, but more pixelly action RPG and less visual novel. Shopkeeper by day. Action RPG adventurer by night.

Well, I didn’t even get to play the game for one second. It did not recognize my controller. The menus could not be navigated with the mouse. Through trial and error I figured out some of the keyboard controls to navigate the menus. It was WASD. I think the “J” key was the A button and the “L” key was the B button. I think C and X were left and right triggers. It was a mess.

Anyway, I navigate to the control configuration screen to get my gamepad working. I’m able to remap up/down/left/right to my gamepad no problem. Then I go to remap A and it doesn’t work. I’m mashing the A button on my gamepad, and it doesn’t do anything. Then suddenly all the control configuration icons disappear and are just replaced with white boxes.

First time I ever tried to get a Steam refund. We’ll see how that goes.

I have this game it doesn’t have any issues with the gamepad I’ve been using and works perfectly.

1 Like

Yeah, it seems to recognize my xbone controller just fine. Might be an issue on your setup?