Fuck the Police

I think they were very disciplined to understand their target and what was beyond it. Over penetration and spread are a concern for the two most common weapons I saw people carrying, besides shot aim when adrenaline kicks in.

3 Likes
1 Like

I actually left the second one shortly before that. There was one cop itching to hurt people from the start, even pointing at folks threateningly.

Meanwhile, outside the U.S…

This is why the Proletariat must be armed.
2 Likes

Literally GeStaPo (Geheime Staatspolizei, secret state police).

2 Likes

This was… interesting.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/defence-watch/graffiti-on-monument-commemorating-nazi-ss-division-being-investigated-as-a-hate-crime-by-police/wcm/957b5e7e-e26f-46f0-92a4-6e26842dbd23/

The “hate” part of it has since been retracted and it’s being investigated simply as vandalism, but the weird part to me is a more theoretical thing that this proves – putting up a Nazi war monument is perfectly legal, but spray painting on it “Nazi War Monument” is a crime…

Reminds me of one of the conclusions in this video by Innuendo Studios

It’s ~10 min in, but TLDR, the alt-right uses irony and “jokes” to inculcate Nazi ideology. Once they’ve established themselves into a group, tolerance of Nazis becomes “apolitical”, and taking active actions against Nazis is “making things political”

It also speaks to how the general public (and law enforcement in higher proportion), considers identity and ideology interchangeable. BLM and white supremacy are both described as “the wrong expression of identity”, which is used to condemn BLM and to forgive white supremacy.

1 Like

Darn that Liberal Media!

3 Likes
1 Like

If a Governor activated their National Guard to forcibly remove federal agents from their cities, would the President be capable of interfering with that order or would that be able to completed before the President could command them?

I know both can activate them but am unsure which, or if, one has more authority once activated. My assumption is the President could just shut that down immediately, but cannot find confirmation online easily.

Damn, what a shit show that would be regardless of who takes precedence and what the likelihood of everyone following the rules is. Just having that confrontation is legit terrifying about what it would demonstrate about the state of our society & government. It is amazing how much we are having to learn about the fiddly rules of government authority under this president. It’s like when you start checking online for the most up to date errata for a game that was published years ago.

1 Like

AFAIK the governor controls their National Guard and the president could nationalize them but then it’s basically down to who the commanders will actually follow. I understand 45 isn’t very popular with commanders right now, but individuals could still support him, or be tricked by his propaganda. It’ll be a shot show for sure.

1 Like

I would like to caution people from expressing support or sympathy with Portland’s Mayor, Ted Wheeler, just yet. Due to Portland’s odd political structure, the Mayor is also the Police Commissioner, which means all the things happening to people before the feds arrived was on him.

3 Likes