Fashion. OMG SHOES. Shirts that aren't T

The struggle is real.

Two recommendations.

Belt: Grip 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzuO6dKP3hE

Jeremy recommended this to me. So much better than notched belts. I can adjust to whatever and it never gets loose. My leather belts warped eventually. This one doesnā€™t. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever need another belt. I really donā€™t care to show belts.

Shoe liners: Gekks.

I wear a lot of flats and donā€™t like wearing socks. I get that smelly feat odor and try to cover it up with baby powder. But these socks, you barely have to wash and are made from anti-microbial fibers. Iā€™ve tested it several times and there is no smell! I have yet to test it after washing, but they have a faq that addresses all that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXGrrFYLyi4&t

Iā€™m playing a gig at a hat shop in August so I want to wear my best hat that I bought from them. That would be my red fedora. So I need a red blazer to make the red fedora work now that Iā€™m presenting as male again.

Anyone else here with curly hair? What do you use for product? Right now Iā€™m just using Bounce Curls and itā€™s working well but Iā€™m curious what else is out there.

Every curly hair person I know has success with Deva curl stuff. Itā€™s expensive product, and they go to special hairdressers who use a special method.

1 Like

While itā€™s really more of a product that works with all types of hair, a lot of folks I know with curly hair, particularly thicker hair, swear by Cowboy Magic. Not a joke, itā€™s an actual product thatā€™s made originally for horseā€™s tails and manes in Dressage, but pretty rapidly a lot of the women competing found out that it works a treat on human hair too.

1 Like

In the long hair community (Itā€™s kind of a thing) horse hair products have always been high on the recommendations list. Iā€™ve never been sure, nor brave enough to find out, if itā€™s just Horse Girlā€™s being overly zealous or if itā€™s real.

Itā€™s believable because horses have nice hair. Those manes are all majestic. The tails are all swoosh swoosh.

1 Like

Iā€™ve used it myself, albeit not much, I know a bunch of folk that have used it and continue to use it, I canā€™t speak for every brand, but I shit you not when I say the Cowboy Magic is real.

This talk reminds me of two things

• my former former former roommate used nothing but horse shampoo and swore it was the best. She often got high praise on her long hair being majestic.

• the horse scene in this movie

https://youtu.be/fXRCPObrZYs

What if we took the horse shampoo, put it in bottles that say itā€™s human shampoo, then sell it in the drug store to humans? Profit?

Brand it as ole Timey tonic to get peak hipster appeal, profit

You can buy horse shampoo in most stores right now, Main 'n Tail is the brand I see about all the time

1 Like

Yeah, but Iā€™m saying donā€™t let people know itā€™s horse shampoo. Just put the same goop in a human shampoo bottle.

Donā€™t forget the Detangler and Shine. Just take the references to horses off the bottle, and itā€™s still a perfectly good leave-in conditioner and finishing product.

And getting away from horse products - though a lot of people still use it on their horses - Argan oil is a great finishing product for your hair. Get a good Argan oil leave-in conditioner, or even just some oil, and itā€™ll work wonders.

Finally, for the bearded sorts, Lushā€™s Kalamazoo beard wash is also astoundingly good. Keeps that beard smooth, soft, and smelling good.

Iā€™m confused, why?

To sell it to people who are turned off by the idea of using a horse shampoo. Same reason they put shampoo in bottles that say ā€œmenā€ on it. You sell the same shit in a different botle to a different audience to make money. If the product is really good, it could get really popular. As long as the bottle says itā€™s for horses, its marketability will be limited.

But, like, why will anyone buy it in the first place?

Will someone buy hair products that work really well? Yes, people spend a lot of money on hair products.

Two problems with that -

First, most people are happy to use it, and most of the brands already advertise themselves for human use as much as animal use.

Second, the big problem is mostly a matter of marketing. Almost nobody who isnā€™t an animal person of some sort has even heard of this stuff.

Youā€™d really get more mileage out of a couple TV or magazine ads, than messing with the packaging.