Fail of Your Day

Organized sports are fucking dumb.

Figured out how to get everything in our system faster testing a different implementation. Test, for example, turned an 18 second process into 800ms.

This change, of course, is something I pointed out on intuition when we first implemented absolutely anything in our system.

And to go back and change it now it would take a metric fuckton people seem unwilling to do.

Disorganised sports, however, are hilarious.

2 Likes

A good point! I would honestly watch professional Calvinball.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQzj6pcHAac

Hilariously, it’s actually pretty organized, there’s pretty defined rules, they just make beating the shit out of your opponent totally legal.

However they balance it by making ever team strictly volunteers, different players every game.

It works out.

Alex Trebek has stage 4 pancreatic cancer.

I didn’t think it was possible, but transfering to an international through JFK is worse than Dulles.

Went out for brunch today and some older gentleman started saying something something kennedy’s, good thing they are dead.

First words out of my mouth were, “that’s a strange statement”, because I too will say things that are conventionally objectionable and pretty out of there. I kinda wanted to hear more. So old man rambles on.

Something something about east st louis and creating a voting block.

“But how do you get from there to ‘it is a good idea to kill the kennedy family?’”

The guy pulls (1) the word validity, which I then explain the definition of validity. (2) wisdom, to which I jest that my wisdom is maxed out which clearly he doesn’t get as a joke but a couple people laugh. (3) then I say the word argument and he gets offended and then I explain the definition of an argument for these usual purposes.

Then old guy just gets more quiet and doesn’t interact.

I’m sure I look stupid in some eyes with the wisdom comment, but otherwise this is pretty much the norm around here.

Woke up with back pain, oh god it’s finally happening.

Hello, fellow Olds.

The spam filter won’t let me post “ONE OF US. ONE OF US. ONE OF US” without extra text and is ruining my joke.

3 Likes

I was just thinking hey. Computers always making divide by zero errors. Why not just avoid division altogether? Like, if you have to divide y / x and you are worried that x is 0 just do y * (x^(-1)) instead?

Oh.

Never mind.

2 Likes

You just need to do better math.

We had to send our third dog, Rocko, back to the rescue league.

Dear Pentagon…

Fuck you.

That’s the most late-stage capitalism thing I’ve read today.

5 Likes

Get ready for this. Ein Volkswagen, Ein Reich, Ein Führer.

Patreon is trying their hand at stupid bullshit again. (Read the whole thread.)

1 Like

Apparently my university’s College Republicans club is bad news… who would have guessed?
https://twitter.com/mona_cam/status/1110342312612241408

Currently accepting all suggestions for what to do about this. Our current thoughts:

• Report this to faculty (probably not going to go anywhere because our faculty at that level is shit)
  • Robo call them with Bella Ciao
1 Like