Fail of Your Day

I remember hearing a joke something like if God showed up at a religious debate among rabbis to correct them they’d tell God to shut up.

1 Like

There’s a reason why there’s the expression that:

“Ask two Jews for their opinions, get three answers in reply.”

5 Likes

I’m the only tech in the office this week and we’ve had almost three times the amount of tickets than we do in a regular day. Everyone has been so abrasive for some reason and its starting to wear me down to a frayed mess. I just want to go to bed and listen to music while I fall asleep, I’m done.

'tis the season. SAD and holiday stress kicking into gear making people be assholes. I really hate this time of year, I’m with you on hibernating until New Year’s.

2 Likes

I had the same experience with Catholic Elementary and then going to public schools for Jr. and Sr. High, it was surreal.

As predicted, right after Steam introduced prices being displayed in AUD, a TON of big developers quietly jacked up their prices by about 30-35% above the exchange rate. Despite being told by Steam(and frankly, against the advice of any marketing team or company worth their salt) that games sell on average 25% better when they’re priced at parity with US prices.

1 Like

Ugh, my local community facebook group is being racist and shitty again. This time, it’s playing racist amateur detective, and basically trying to tenuously link every missing pet, robbery, vandalism, assault and jaywalking to a mysterious group of four “african youths” (by which they mean Black Immigrants, despite every CCTV of the alleged perpetrators they find including at least one visibly white person). It’s all very Reddit “finding” the Boston bombers.

I would say I dearly hope the perpetrators get caught, and they end up being all white Australian-born people - as most of the people who actually commit crimes in this suburb are - but I’m kidding myself, I know that even if that happens, not a soul in the group will say a damned thing or change one iota. I recall when a group of five white dudes were caught on CCTV breaking into cars in the local area, and people were still on the “Deport them all, bloody immigrants!” train. I hate this fucking place sometimes. Or pretty regularly actually, so many quietly extremely shitty people live here. I wish I could afford to move somewhere else.

3 Likes

Thanks to a miscommunication between my wife and I and computer payment system fuckery my debit card let me overdraft past my overdraft line of credit and I’m stranded with no gas. Fun!

This is how we received someone’s emails:

Printed, boxed and shipped to our door. We couldn’t use them like this if we wanted to because they’re missing header info.

What the hell do you do with all that crap?

Nothing. We work with people that do bulk scanning and OCR, but in this case they’ll probably be forced to hand over some kind of mailbox file. The stupidest part is the waste of time and resources involved. Easily a few $k wasted on what could’ve been a $100 encrypted HD shipped for under $50.

Are they trying to mess you up?

In my current job I see all kinds of document shenanigans. We’re managing a product liability settlement for a drug so people have to send medical records to show their injury, and ho boy does it run the gamut. When you’re lucky its computer originals output to a searchable PDF. Often its a mix of digital originals and scanned paper with varying degrees of OCR, and sometimes it is the hell file with crap scans of doctor scrawl, often compounded by the fact that the only doctors that keep handwritten notes are old and have a shaky hand on top of their indecipherable glyphs.

Some kid in a Discord spoiled the finale of Voltron Legendary Defender cause he read secondhand outrage about it and then had a meltdown over a show he never watched, despite knowing people in that Discord love the show anyway.

Also my editors are sitting on an article I have entitled URGENT that would get them lots of traffic but no push. Bleh.

This is just hilarious.

2 Likes

The Mechanical Turk strikes again!

1 Like

I do not know why, but someone on the MAGFest reddit is trying to get board game loot boxes to be a thing. I have a feeling that they are someone who is part of board game mystery box company as an employee that is salty they they were not a vendor.

1 Like

Not my fail, but fails (plus 20, only 2 showed up to fail) I gave.

Two students came to witness their failure today. My university has a <70% attendance = failure policy. I didn’t recognize these students. I asked them if they thought they came to 70% of classes; they said, “No.” I asked if they had any reason I shouldn’t fail them; they said, “No.” So I told them maybe their professor next year will give fewer shits and wished them on their way.

2 Likes

I hated attendance policies. I was always an exams and otherwise fuck off kinda person, and I’d usually ace the exams.

I get where you’re coming from. But if I haven’t seen you since the beginning of the semester AND you can’t follow simple directions regarding the exam, you have no business passing. Everyone who showed up and made a token effort passed.

Attendance rules are simple, but they failed that. They got second-hand exam instructions from someone (and failed to get the important bits) and failed to follow the rules. They failed because they never came to class and couldn’t even cheat properly.

EDIT: It wasn’t even a complicated question. “Why should I give you more than 0 points?” They couldn’t understand and thus had no response.

And while attendance policies might suck, they make it easy for me to fail the 2/3 of students who never show up.

2 Likes