Fail of Your Day

What is a weapon?

A miserable pile of…

1 Like

A chair.
Fifteen four legged characters.

Anyone else suddenly feel like playing Metal gear Rising?

1 Like

I always feel like playing Metal Gear Rising, but I get what you are saying.

Culture wars are distinct from violent wars and I think saying “meme warfare is real warfare” is kind of misleading. Memes can’t maim or kill anyone. They can radicalize, but then so can colleges. You wouldn’t call Harvard a military academy, tho. For meme warfare to be real warfare, I think you’d have to classify other forms of culture war like Eisenhower’s Jambassador program to be warfare, which I think is a stretch.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, there are a ton of other on demand print services out there to choose from that would probably be happy to have your business!

This one’s pretty funny for me, as I spent quite a few years dealing with telecom billing software. That quote about “extracting” money from these poor private businesses is kinda fucked. Externalize all costs to the public, reap all profits to the great corporate overlords.

Thing is, I dislike how these fees work because every state regulates it differently and sometimes even down to individual cities you have so much red tape to deal with. But some of this stuff pays for 911 services. I can’t confirm which fees they’re talking about here, because the documents in the links in the article seem to be blank.

Fix for all of this is to seize these companies and make these public services…

Ever been on the receiving end of the old “How dare you have never seen Grease!” argument?

Fucking bullshit, that’s what it is.

You don’t need to see Grease. It’s less a movie and more a bunch of musical numbers.
Grease has no plot. You can just buy the soundtrack and still get the full experience.

It’s not about Grease. It could be anything that the mother in law in question decides you are culturally deficient without.

I recall a time when it was “How dare you presume to run a fantasy game without having read Return of The King.”

Next time send her this.

But the movie has movement has feeling…

The only time that sort of argument is appropriate is when the other party is claiming to know something or be good at something.

Even then only when the thing you’re “how dare you”-ing is a necessary prerequisite for doing that thing.

Two examples off the top of my head and a counter example:

You claim to be a mathematician but you cannot perform basic arithmetic, how dare you not know 7+5?

You claim to be a good C++ programmer but you’ve never heard of pointers? (how dare you) (I actually witnessed this exact conversation back in college, college kids are kinda idiots, and wanna show off)

Counter example, basically any time the thing is not necessary prerequisite knowledge.

So like: You claim to be a mathematican but you’ve never read principia mathematica? (how dare you).

Like dude, just because I’ve not read a really impressive textbook written in latin by a dead asshole, doesn’t mean I don’t understand the concepts taught within. I was taught by a book or a person written by or taught by someone who (on and on down the line) eventually actually did read that book. I got what I need. Back off.

1 Like

I went to the dentist today. They needed to do a really deep filling. The Novocaine mostly didn’t work. It numbed up my cheeks and lips real good but the actual tooth nerve was barely effected. I was shaking by the end of it. It’s been 5 hours and I’ve still got a soreness back there.

Ddos and hacking has been the theme for me today at work, everything is figuratively on fire and my day looks far from over. Send help or a sniper to take me out, both work.

Dentist buddies! I went today for 3 fillings and came out with a surprise wisdom tooth extraction.

1 Like

It was a good run but my desktop has finally bit the dust. Was planning on upgrading anyway but I was trying to push it off until tax return time.