Fail of Your Day

Ah, so it’s just the first disc. The first volume is actually where most of the best songs are, but Hotel California leads off volume 2.

Failed the N5 again in the exact same way. Fucked if I know anymore. I can have hour long conversations in Japanese. I know around 150 kanji. I message friends and my girlfriend in Japanese. But for some reason I can not pass this god dam test, and without this stupid bloody test I will be stuck as a shitty ALT for ever. FML.

Have you tried maybe a different accent/dialect of Japanese?

Ahhh it doesn’t really work that way. I could try Osaka ben but then I would have to join the Yakuza.

How does a 4XL blouse not fit me?

Chinese sizing? I’ve bought XXXL stuff that fit like a large because of weird Chinese sizing.

Mustve been. I didnt check but I know that retailer uses it sometimes.

Ok listen anyone who’s ever had to administer an sql server. FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Don’t spend a ton of time trying to figure out what you did wrong. Just type those sweet words and move on, you had it right the first time.

Former friend who is now a loony bin Trump supporter tried to reach out to me today after two years. Asked how I was and dug deep asking me to reveal problems. Told him “I needed to get away from my old situation and I’m happier in this new one where I live on my own and have new friends. Trump shit had me stressed.” He immediately responds “Don’t blame Trump for your problems.” And I can’t go straight nuclear on his ass cause my anxiety makes me feel like this could be the shit where my life turns really sour, my heart is beating super fast, and I feel like I could collapse from panic.

This kind falls with the depression threads but I feel cowardly cause I know I can go off on people like I should because my anxiety attack cripples me to the point I feel like I might just drop dead.

This semester I’m apparently teaching a class about US culture, history, politics, etc. The book they gave me was published in 2008. On the second page of the chapter about education, it says,

“Most Americans appreciate the guiding principle that each citizen should receive the best education possible and everyone should get equal opportunity to receive at least some education. However, this principle can not be and has never been truly carried out in America. Before the 1960’s many Negroes had not been given the right to receive education.”

That this book can simultaneously be both extremely bland and casually offensive is kind of impressive.

With more reading, I’ve found that its use of commas also bothers me. Sometimes they use normal English commas, which are nice and snug with the letter they follow, but sometimes they use Chinese commas, which, as you can see, give the letters around them a wide berth.

They clearly have never heard of Reconstruction. It was black people who created public education in the south for both races in the 1870s.

Yes, there are the obvious factual inaccuracies, but a book published 10 years ago, even in China, which is not known for its racial sensitivity, should not be using “Negroes” to refer to black people in America.

I had an interview today where I think I did well, but I don’t want to touch this firm with a ten foot barge pole. The attorney whose firm it was was the epitome of ambulance chaser. Cheap suit, Trump hair, arrogant. Did power move stuff like walk by the door of the conference room where one of the junior lawyers and the lead paralegal were interviewing me, open it as he walked by and walk away so the other lawyer and paralegal had to chase him to see what he wanted. Said my number was high when salary was discussed, even though other jobs I got interviews for were in the same range. Definitely not taking this position.

Steam keeps changing my handle back from Lizi to Greg and no matter how many times I change it back it reverts in a few hours.

Contact Steam support.

I did. They haven’t gotten back to me. Meanwhile, it’s still reverting.

Steam Support doesn’t know what’s happening. They say I have malware but give no further details on what type of malware they suspect so I think they’re just trying to shirk responsibility. My anti-malware software doesn’t detect anything anyway.

Anti-malware software often misses stuff, especially if it’s more “bleeding edge” malware (though somehow I suspect you don’t partake in activities that would lead you susceptible to bleeding edge malware, nor do I think you are a particularly high value target for said malware authors to personally go after).

I don’t know offhand what it takes to change your handle on Steam, but I assume it’s just a case of filling in some sort of form in the client or website. Maybe as an experiment you could temporarily change your username to something more gender-neutral like “PugFan” or something? It may at least shed some light if it is a general handle-changing bug or something more nefarious related to changing your handle’s gender.

If I had to guess, one or more applications you may have linked to your account are asserting values at login.

Log out of or otherwise unlink everything you have that can log into the account. Change the password.

Then, using just ONE computer, log in and make the change. See if anything hinkey happens.

2 Likes

That makes more sense than unspecified malware.

EDIT: That said, logging on to multiple devices, it’s not switching anymore. I think I’ll try that if it switches again.

1 Like