Fail of Your Day

I don’t get it really. I accept that this all happens because if I challenge ya, you’ll show me more proof than I know what to do with. But I go on reddit basically every day and I don’t see any of this. Only reason I found out about it was this thread.

I figured as much. Neckbeards being neckbeards.

Reddit is like a city. You could live in the murder capital of an entire nation, and never personally witness a murder yourself - it’s just a matter of what you see, and what happens out of your view. Like, this happened in a default - /r/movies - but if you don’t really go to /r/movies and if it doesn’t get picked up by a metasub you follow, or even if you do and you just skip that thread because the headline doesn’t interest you, there’s a good chance you’ll never see it.

Like, the post in question - don’t go to /r/movies, won’t see it. If you don’t care about netflix user reviews(which honestly is most people, because the reason they’re killing it is mostly because almost nobody uses them) you’d never click the thread, and see the bullshit conspiracy theories. If you care enough to read the article, but don’t care to read the thread, you’d never see them. Despite this sort of shit being incredibly prevalent on the site, because of the compartmentalized nature of each discussion, it’s not hard to miss it a lot of the time.

I love the star system for the same reasons. In fact, if you still use Netflix’s DVD shipping service, you still have access to the stars. I still use both shipping and streaming, because between them, I can get just about any movie or show without paying for multiple streaming services. I wouldn’t give up the DVD service for anything, but if they removed the star system from that, it would come close.

https://twitter.com/AndroidSparky/status/1030540624955490304?s=19

I did see that comic in my Twitter feed. They have to remind me because I never heard of Shadman in my life. I also didn’t even bother to see who made the comic.

1 Like

Turns out that no one is exaggerating. Dude seems to legit be both a pedophile and a nazi.

2 Likes

That should leverage into “What’s with all these awful Youtubers being popular?” cause he interacts with so many Youtube people. Especially those from the Newgrounds Animation Clique. It’s really, really fucked. There’s a tumblr that has it all detailed that he was convicted of his crimes in Switzerland then fled.

https://reverb.com/news/eagles-greatest-hits-surpasses-thriller-as-all-time-best-selling-album?utm_campaign=eaglesmj&utm_medium=FB&utm_source=blog

1 Like

I thought that happened years ago. Am I misremembering?

Sometimes there’s discrepancies between claimed sales and RIAA certified sales? This is the certified sales taking over.

What’s wrong with the Eagles Greatest Hits? That’s a great album.

I don’t follow this kind of news… at all. But with my layman’s understanding of this. I’m surprised this wasn’t Abbey Road, or Sargent Pepper or… like any other Beatles album.

I just realized today that I should probably up the image scale so I don’t crane my neck towards the monitor. Why have I only just realized this today.

The Eagles are fuckin’ garbage, that’s what’s wrong with it.

U WOT M8? The Eagles are great!

[Disclaimer I named myself after the woman who “ran the Hotel California”]

The Eagles are bland as fuck. If you asked me to tell the difference between an Eagles song and a CSN(Y) song, I couldn’t. They’re just middle of the road soft country rock. Michael Jackson wasn’t earth shattering but he was more distinct than the fucking Eagles.

The Eagles Greatest Hits two disc album on Spotify has 20 tracks. About a dozen of them are not just the Eagles Greatest Hits but are all time legendary songs.

Thriller has 9 tracks, 5 of which are all time legendary songs.

It’s pretty close, but I think MJ is still way ahead. The Eagles had to compile their greatest hits to compete with just a regular old album by the King of Pop.

Different compilation. The one referenced is a single disc.

That’s one of the first CDs my dad ever bought. I’ve heard it beginning to end more times than I can count.