Fail of Your Day

Go see your dentist now, don’t wait.

3 Likes

I grind my teeth like crazy in my sleep, so my dentist recommended a sleep guard.

I wake up chewing the stupid thing, but at least I’m not destroying my teeth anymore.

2 Likes

Wizard World has re-branded…

Does Wizard magazine still exist?

No. The magazine ceased publication in 2011.

Fireworks festival was cancelled yesterday due to a massive rain storm. Which was a real downer as we had spent months getting things ready, including making the fireworks by hand. Seems like I spent too much time in the sun as I am feeling like death and have to go out in an hour to set up again and hope the weather holds off.

4 Likes

I am at the point of my life where I am reminded of stuff from my youth and realize how long ago it was those have been new. Listened to “Ixnay on the Hombre” by The Offspring recently, realized that album is over 20 years old. Ditto for the Song “Sell Out” by Reel Big Fish.

1 Like

I just went to go see the Offspring in concert last weekend! … It was there that I learned that Dexter Holland is 52 years old.

1 Like

The dice bag @Rochelle made me like 100000 years ago is starting to break. Probably going to get a new one to keep this one alive. :sob:

Netflix: We’re removing user reviews, because almost nobody uses them, and the times we do see the feature used at high volumes, it’s just mass negative reviews from people who havn’t even watched the film or show.

Reddit: What? But I use user reviews all the time, like when I left those negative reviews on The Last Jedi, like I would ever watch that trash and I was providing a service by telling people. I bet Amy Schumer did this, it’s all just a conspiracy!

4 Likes

I don’t care about the reviews but I’m still mad they ditched the star system for the most part.

2 Likes

Eh, I used to be annoyed, until I found out that you literally never saw anyone else’s reviews, only your own, and predicted scores. The closest you came to actually seeing anyone else’s reviews, is that they used reviews in aggregate to tune the recommendation algorithm - so, basically, if a hundred people who watched A, B, C and D didn’t like show G, then it would reduce the predicted rating for anyone who closely matched that profile. That, combined with the fact that the overwhelming majority of star reviews were either one star or five stars, it really means that it makes little difference in end result over the more binary thumb up/down thing they have now.

And let’s face it, reddit is just using it as another excuse to spin dumb conspiracy theories about people and things they don’t like, they don’t actually give a single, solitary shit about reviews beyond their ability to have another platform to attack people and things they hate.

The star system was like anything else, what you get out of it was what you put in. I used 2, 3, and 4 star ratings to make Netflix know what I liked and didn’t like better. I want the option to get that granularity even if most people are using it as a binary system.

2 Likes

I have no idea what this is because I have mostly disconnected from the news because my blood pressure and anxiety can’t take the constant barrage of bullshit. What the fuck is this shit?

You’ll need to be more specific about which shit you mean, I’m sorry to say.

The Reddit Netflix review controversy.

Awe. I’m so sorry. I hope it you got good use out of it, but you’ll always have the baby Cthulhu.

1 Like

Calling it a controversy is probably a little grandiose of a description for what is ultimately just a reddit tantrum because one of their favorite bludgeons, review-bombing, is being taken away on one of the sites where they regularly do it. The part where they’re making conspiracy theories about how it was people they don’t like doing it, or somehow their fault, that’s pretty much just par for the course for reddit. Reddit fucking loves attacking people, and loves utterly mundane conspiracy theories to cover lack of knowledge.