Fail of Your Day

Cleaning the bathroom and the soap dish rusted right off the wall.

1 Like

The key issue with the egg mcmuffin is that it is dry. No sauce. You are just relying on the limited moistness of the meat.

1 Like

I was told to drink Ensure as part of a soft diet after I had my torn esophagus repaired (long story). I couldn’t stomach it as it smelled way too much like my kid’s baby formula (and it was made by the same company too!).

There’s also butter and cheese. But if you want to convince them to make like… little hollandaise sauce buckets… I’d try it once.

That’s the job of the mcdonalds cheese, it adds needed fat to the combo to make it non-dry. Also, a sausage mcmuffin with egg is just tastier.

So the firm I am temping with is handling processing claims for a big product liability drug case - Olmesartan/Benicar if anyone knows what that is. My job is to examine and process the claims. All the temp contractors got their first sets of real claims to process, and this particular block all came from the same firm in New Jersey. They have the WORST document handling possible. They didn’t follow any of the directions for document submission so lots of records are out of order, no highlighting of key facts, and whatever they did to scan documents was total shit and done without OCR so you can’t search the PDFs. We are having to manually read every page of every document. Luckily, (sort of) they are very obvious ambulance chasers and took any and all clients so most of the claims are crap, and there aren’t too many documents per claim, but we have to sift through those documents for two hours to figure out they’re crap.

Jet lagged to buggery and back. Picked up a sinus infection, think I’ve been having some form of stroke. And I spent most of yesterday puking my guts out and explaining to an absolute ball bag that a super racist doll is racist and action man isn’t.

Golliwog doll, perchance?

Yeah I didn’t feel comfortable writing it. What with being massively white and knowing my luck tangentially related to their creation.

I wanted to be sure of what you were talking about, but, how. How does someone not see it as racist. Like, just look at it. Like someone who is mad racist would be like, cool that’s a racist doll.

Well at first I thought they genuinely didn’t know as I used to employ the guy and he was not the sharpest tool in the day (thought that China was in Japan). Then his mate chimes in and it all went down hill. This was a dude who had “proud xenophobic” like talking to some teenage edgelord.

Well, fuck that dude. And hope you aren’t having a stroke.

I’d never heard of that before, buy how can somebody look at that and not think, “Yep, that’s a racist doll.”

It’s more of a UK thing, but Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy are based on it. They used to literally be slaves until that wasn’t kosher any more.

Huh, TIL.

15 characters

You would be amazed you really would be. I met up with some of my old school friends. We went to a private boarding school together, I mean mostly it was for army kids and those with special needs but you get the idea. Spent most of their late teens and early twenties partying and travelling most of them where proper Lads. Got chatting with them and they are to a man big feminists and taking an active part in local and national politics with a progressive view to changing our really conservative county.

On the flip side the guy I was talking to came from the poverty line and was one of my chefs. Heavily depended on the welfare system for his family. Yet is a big Brexit supporter who in the last couple of years has become more and more right leaning in his views. Despite blaming the rich and immigrants for his problems (most of which are a bit self made). UK has gone mad as a bag of spaniels.

Stress from my job is causing me to clench and grind my teeth at night while I’m sleeping. Not only has this caused my temporomandibular joint to become inflamed, making it painful for me to chew, but it’s causing me headaches during the day.

It’ll fuck up your teeth too if it lasts. It’s probably why I get cavities.

1 Like

That’s what I’m worried about. Hopefully, the condition will go away by itself, but if not, I think a trip to the dentist is in order.

I just want to be able to chew solid food again.