Fail of Your Day

I’m with Marmot, I’ll eat any old shit. I don’t prepare to eat shitty food or owt, I just eat what I eat and I’m happy with that. I make good food if I’m cooking, I rarely make junk, but if there’s junk on offer and I’m hungry, I have zero issue with it. In fact, the only things I absolutely cannot stand are Coriander(tastes like a bar of dial), Rockett/Arugala(Tastes like a bar of dial that’s been pissed on), and strong Mustards(Which taste like being kicked in the face while drinking battery acid, though the much softer kind, like your regular hotdog mustard or honey mustard, is fine).

2 Likes

I would eat McDonald’s breakfast everyday if it wouldn’t make me poor as well as slowly kill me.

2 Likes

I see nothing wrong with the egg mcmuffin.

The people I really can’t understand are the ones who eat Soylent et al. instead of food.

1 Like

Gross

To some of us eating isnt an enjoyable experience. Ever. I dont get why thats so hard for you to comprehend.

Well, FML I guess.

After I signed my lease for my new apartment my landlady called me at one point telling me she had to show me something after taking the apartment back from the previous occupant. It was a stain on the wall of the bedroom near the ceiling. She knew that had been some water damage in the above flat a month earlier but she was told that the plumber had fixed everything and had vouched for that. After a bunch of back and forth between various insurance companies (that of the upstairs neighbor and the plumber) and the damage examiner they finally removed the wood panels from the ceiling. The result you can see above.

So this is bad, particularly since I planned to move in tomorrow (but I had to postpone to the weekend anyway). The current situation is that a dehumidifier is in the bedroom and will have to be running for a week or two. Possibly they will have to drill some more into the ceiling and wall to examine the level of humidity in those parts, get rid of the mold, and then of course fix up the ceiling again, possibly replacing the whole wood paneling.

However, I have already moved a bunch of stuff into the apartment, basically everything except my bookshelves, a big closet (the apartment had a walk in one), my desk + computer, and my current bed (bought a new one for the new apartment, the frame of which I had already set up). Thankfully I don’t have to be fully moved out of my current house until the 15th, but yeah, the situation is kind of fucked up.

The only good thing is that it has nothing to do with my own finances or insurances, and I will get a reduction in rent for the month as is mandatory by law here. Also I get to stay with an internet connection during the rest of G1.

2 Likes

I had to talk a friend down from going on a Soylent only diet for a month. I’m really glad he saw reason when I explained in graphic detail the effect it would have on his digestive tract.

I’m all about that sausage biscuit. No egg. Just sausage and biscuit.

1 Like

As someone who has fought with his weight his entire life, I actually do get it. It takes away your ability to make bad choices in the moment because you made a reasonable one ahead of time.

And even with that said, I make a protein shake myself instead of buying Soylent, because control.

3 Likes

That sounds really rough man. Last place I was looking at in Sunnyside fell through due to current owners not willing to fix the water damage in the cealing and not willing to negotiate on price either. I hope that gets taken care of.

Also, I make a protein shake because the macro balance on Soylent is crap, at least for my diet.

1 Like

As a kid I genuinely enjoyed the taste of slimfast. Couldn’t imagine replacing my diet with it though. Just drank slimfast like it was any other drink. Like I’d have a slimfast WITH my supper.

Fixed that for you.

I don’t think Scott “I put ketchup on noodles” Rubin is in a position to critique taste.

5 Likes

While we’re on food, I was reading some reddit thread on queso and I found the marketing “performance cheese” a bit amusing. Land O Lakes® Extra Melt® American Cheese Loaf, White | Land O’Lakes Foodservice

Years ago I had similarly laughed way harder than I should at Rico’s finely aged nacho cheese, the profit maker.

1 Like

It doesn’t taste that bad, like a thin milkshake and I’ll admit there were times as a bum teenager when I got up with ten minutes til the bus got there and a Slimfast was the only thing between me and starving til lunch. Wouldn’t make a habit of it tho.

1 Like

Yeah, thankfully I’m talking about like 7 years old.

There’s a line in the West Wing where someone is saying they’re healthy because they eat like they did in college and they were healthy in college. The reply “You were college aged, you could have been eating the tupperware your food was in and been healthy, you need to develop new habits” really jives with me.

1 Like

I drank Slimfast for about a week or so in 6th grade when I got braces for the first time and my teeth hurt too much to chew. After I could eat solid food again, I swore never again!

Similarly, Ensure was a godsend during my tonsillectomy recovery. It was so good I thought “man why don’t I drink this stuff all the time?”

Apparently it tastes like chalky garbage when you don’t actually need it.

1 Like