Fail of Your Day

Tell me of it’s complexities. If you would.

I drink Macallan 12 because I enjoy it’s notes of cherry (from it’s cherry-sherry cascets) and vanilla (from the oak they’re made of) I appreciate it’s more muted flavor and it’s lack of peat.

Can you do that but for New York tap water?

I certainly cant. If you can’t then you now know how I feel cooking pasta aglio e oglio for myself on tuesday.

True, these meats weren’t sketchy, but there are places where they may be sketchy…

I’m recalling when I visited India and the India Ministry of Tourism warned against eating meats from most roadside stalls as they are often sketchy, especially if you haven’t developed resistance to the various local gastrointestinal illnesses.

Rym eats like a Buddhist monk.

If you are going to take the piss talking about aglio e oglio you are undercutting your argument. A true person who doesn’t give a fuck about nuances in the flavors would just have spaghetti and ketchup.

2 Likes

I have eaten ketchup and macaroni on too many an occasions in the distant past.

This and your “McDonald’s Egg” are the two things about you I will never understand.

Even at my lowest point, I never considered eating ketchup noodles.

To be fair, you can get a real egg if you ask for it at McDonalds.

Speaking of the intersection of alcohol and bad food, but McDonalds breakfast sandwich is the best hangover food known to man.

3 Likes

Rym is the one who likes McDonald’s egg. I refuse to eat there. This is good info, though, if there is some sort of emergency and I have to either eat there or starve.

I cook delicious things for myself not because I want to enjoy them (at least most of the time) but because I wanna flex my cooking muscles. I wanna develop that skill.

McDonald’s is always a last resort for me. Incidentally, there is a 24 hour McDonald’s a block away from the hospital I got taken to last week. After 14+ hours of no food and my body completely empty of anything else, you know I pulled the last resort card.

Literally me on Sunday.

No dude, anything from Waffle House tops a McDonalds breakfast by a mile. Not to mention friendly service and a classic, cheerfully grungy diner environment. It’s also the best drunk-at-2am joint you could ever want. After moving north I miss Waffle House more than my family. It’s basically a religious institution.

1 Like

That egg you used to make was of the same taste, color, and consistency of mcdonalds egg.

Waffle House are a chain diner, if given the option take the diner.

Was never a fan of the fast food breakfast sandwich. The breakfast taco has always been my go to fast food breakfast item. Chorizo and egg tacos. Muy Bueno.

If you mean what I think you mean I would say that Waffle House is better than at least half of the independently owned diners I’ve been to. I don’t say that lightly. If my soul was a building it would be a diner.

Waffle House is amazing during a night of drinking and stumbling up at 2am for motherfucking PANCKES!!

However when I’m hungover the last place I want to be is a Waffle House dealing with people and having the noise of a busy diner in the background. Lemme drive through and grab my breakfast sandwich and live in peace.

1 Like

I know that mood. I think the best hangover food in that case is home-cooked, though. Two fried eggs over easy with cheddar and tomato plus a cup of good strong coffee - delicious and just enough work to get your juices pumpin’ without being too arduous.

I will eat pretty much anything and like it. I can equally enjoy a shitty Taco Bell burrito, a well prepared home cooked meal, a decent local restaurant or a high class can-I-warm-Sir’s-crack-pipe place. Do I recognize one is superior to the other? Of course. Do I sometimes crave a fast food grease bomb and nothing else will do? Definitely.

2 Likes

I used to think that way, but then I would have to prepare to eat shitty food, and then that preparation became more strenuous. Now if I ever wanted to eat something sufficiently shitty it would probably require so much preparation that no food would make it worth it.