Fail of Your Day

Behind the store? Sounds like a health code violation to me. Why would you risk your life like this?!?

5 Likes

Delicious meats for free. Only a vegetarian or vegan could resist.

Delicious skiing for free. Only a coward or a coward could resist.

1 Like

“Free” is carrying a lot of weight in that sentence.

As long as we’re piling on. Does Scott think that vegetarians and vegans have some kinda super powers?
I don’t see why the desire to eat the tasty cow flesh is any different than anyone else’s.

My mouth doesn’t water when there’s an open bar, so I can’t imagine why a vegetarian would get excited about a free steak.

I dunno… if the meats are kinda sketchy, I can resist, and I’m no vegetarian…

These meats were not sketchy. They were identical to meats from any other backyard grill. They just happened to be in the backyard of a game store instead of the backyard of a house.

Does anyone’s mouth water at an open bar? I’m gonna guess even the most alcoholic of people wouldn’t claim to ‘like’ alcohol in the same manner as I like pizza.

Don’t get me wrong, I drink. I’ll have a beer and I’ve been experimenting with different scotches and whiskeys (firestone and robertson whiskey, trust me) but still it’s very different from grilled meats.

1 Like

I… don’t think most people who drink react that way?

Edit: Also open bars are often, though not always, more like the cheap buffet or catering or whatever.

I like alcohol. I specifically like and enjoy the taste of good beer or good whiskey in the same way that I would enjoy a pizza.

This is something I find odd about you. I enjoy it, but in a VERY different way than I enjoy a pizza. I enjoy puzzling out the little nuances in the flavor and I enjoy the way it makes me feel.

Pizza I just uncomplicated enjoy. No puzzling out flavor just pure satisfaction and satiating of my hunger (another thing booze doesn’t do)

I try not to eat food like that.

I enjoy puzzling out the flavor of all food that I eat. Even simple food has this property if it is well made. All meals are an experience.

If and when I must eat to sustain myself and there is no good food available (e.g., hot-dog at a PAX), it’s something I suffer rather than enjoy. Meals like that are rare, as I avoid them as much as possible.

I kinda wonder between the two of us, who’s weird. I basically only eat because I don’t wanna die, and because I get hungry.

Whiskey and such is the exception where I seem to behave the way you do, every time something enters your mouth.

Else-wise I treat food like I treat sleep. Something annoying that gets in the way of the things I wanna do and if I could I wouldn’t do either one. (exceptions for really awesome foods, or new ones that I’ve never had before)

Normal seems to be enjoying a good meal when it comes along, and being pretty abivilent to the regular routine of normal, boring, whatever food but being able to get a satisfactory experience out of a fast food run.

Living in NYC gives one ample opportunity to skew the rotine in the “every food is good food” routine, which makes the occasional “bunk-ass sustinence-only” meal all the more existentially terrifying.

Meanwhile it’s totally true that someone living in bumble-fuck small-town suburbia who doesn’t cook and doesn’t get out much is probably so used to enjoying whatever truck stop grade swill they can get ahold of, that the occasional real meal they endure is largely foreign and wasted.

Meanwhile, I enjoy both alcohol and food along both of these spectra.

I enjoy some booze and foods for their delicate flavor balance and the tapestry that is presented. Utopias and delicately prepared haute cuisine.

I enjoy some booze and foods for their straightforward simplicity. A greasy-ass cheeseburger and some All Day IPA.

I have not, since I was a teenager, been able to have a satisfactory experience from fast food. It makes me feel ill, and I’d almost always rather go hungry.

The garbage I ate at RIT was out of necessity.

That’s crazy to me. Food is one of the sublime aspects of being alive. I treasure good food.

Do you treasure good water? No bubbles or flavor or nothing, just nice New York tap water? And not in some existential way, in the same manner as you would a pizza.

Yes. I really hate traveling to places with poor tapwater.