Fail of Your Day

Best wishes it’s either not that, or easily removed if necessary. Worst case, be an awesome musician that’s deaf in one ear. :metal:

1 Like

Best wishes that whatever it is, it can be properly treated without causing any future harm.

So I’m personally glad the ITAR argument was defeated for these types of files, even tho I can see under ITAR that basically any firearm, including design documentation, seems like it would be subject if exported outside the US. But, the argument of whether a 3D model of a gun in and of itself really constitutes design documentation in the same way that a full set of blueprints does, maybe opens some wiggle room. In effect it’s the same of course but, according to the law I don’t know if that counts. I’m not sure where to draw the line with this stuff since I do a lot of work that skirts the whole subject by doing airsoft and paintball mods, but, I think that ITAR shouldn’t be the way control of 3D printable gun models is handled, if any such control is to be implemented.

As it is, anyone in the world can upload their own 3D models and once it’s up there the ITAR angle fails. It’s certainly likely that even if we try and stomp out people modeling such stuff in the US, that someone with a computer and CAD in other nations will either figure it out. The design concepts here are not the born secret keys to nuclear fission, it’s basic basic stuff. Books in the public library taught me the secrets at an early age.

As for DD and their “library” and all that, well, I don’t truck with that so much anymore. I certainly can share some agreement with how the data, even for firearms, should be available and free to develop and share. But his delusions of going down fighting and other antics puts me off their whole organization.

I spent the majority of the weekend in the dark playground and I feel guilty.

The Dark Playground is a place every procrastinator knows well. It’s a place where leisure activities happen at times when leisure activities are not supposed to be happening.

I never heard of the dark playground before, but I don’t think it’s possible to go there on the weekend. The weekend is when leisure activities are supposed to be happening.

Oh it’s very possible to go there on the weekend. I have lots I need to accomplish that’s outside of my regular work activities. Like cleaning the kitchen (didn’t get done), exercising (nope), and working on the democratic committee website so we can get democrats elected (hahaha no). Now I’m not saying I should have spent the whole weekend on chores, but I didn’t spend nearly enough time on them. The ratio was…poor. I was also engaging in leisure before accomplishing anything at all, hence the dark playground.

Now that I can work from home whenever, I do all that stuff during the week. My weekends are now 100% leisure.

Sitting in the waiting room for my MRI and I’m besides myself. Anxiety is not fun. :expressionless:

1 Like

I just had a conversation with my sister for over 10 minutes explaining to her how to Google for internet TV. She is younger than me by 2 years.

When my brother(who is 7 years younger than me) went to college, I gave him a Sony Google TV box because at the time it was the best set top box streaming option. It had a pass through for a cable box so that could be integrated in. His friend told me that when my brother first hooked it up, he put the HDMI cable going to the TV into the cable box pass through. He’s smarter about tech than my parents, but he’s not even on my level of technical knowledge. Everyone has their specialties.

I got my last paycheck from my old job today. It was for $4. They charged me for the couple of days of vacation I had taken but not “earned” then with taxes and the last deductions for insurance all that was left was $4. And since I was fired, the Employment Commission has to hold a hearing about whether or not I should be given unemployment and I won’t get paid until after the hearing next Wednesday. Fucking hell.

So I just had my very first trip to the ER this week. I was in LA for an interview with a very well known game company on Wednesday, was scheduled to fly back to Seattle that evening. After eating breakfast I noticed that I felt really full, which seemed surprising since it wasn’t that much food, but whatever, I would just go easy at lunch time. Lunch comes around and the feeling is still there, so I go light hoping that it will resolve itself by the time I have dinner. But no, the feeling is still there hours later after the interviews are done and I’m on my way to LAX. I also start getting nauseous on the ride over and at this point I’m thinking I probably ate something bad.

While at the airport, the slight nausea becomes extreme nausea and the thought of food doubles me over, but never more than that. I also start developing a fever and cold sweats while drinking as much water as I can. Eventually it gets to the point where I realize I’m not going to be in shape to fly, so I start heading towards the gate counter. I didn’t make it though as my legs collapse beneath me and all my limbs go numb and start seizing up. I end up on the floor for the next hour as my body goes through multiple waves of going numb, overheating, shivering, and generally having a terrible time. At one point I take an anti-nausea pill one of the airport medics gave me and that finally forces my stomach to vomit up its contents into a trash can, giving some relief to my stomach but the other symptoms remained. Eventually I ended up in the ER where they basically confirm that it was just food poisoning, the fever and seizing were related and not a sign of something worse.

By the time I got out of the ER, there wasn’t enough time to really sleep it off before my rescheduled flight, so I went right back to LAX and tried to nap as best I could. After finally get home around noon yesterday, I spent the rest of the day sleeping and trying to eat what I could. This was by far the worse poisoning I’ve ever gotten.

And to top it off I didn’t even get the job.

TL;DR - Got food poisoning, collapsed and threw up in the middle of a busy LAX terminal, went to ER, whole trip ended up being a wash.

:cry:

Well, I’m moving on Wednesday and everything is looking pretty good, except that my ISP told me today that they can’t offer the cable service I wanted at the location. So now I have to go back to DSL, for which of course the public telephone company has to open the line first. In all the entire process could take two-to-three weeks until I have internet at my place :frowning:

I got food poisoning on the ski bus back to New York once. It kicked in just as the multi-hour ride started.

I basically locked myself in the bathroom at the back alternating between two forms of discharge for the entire ride. It was in the top 10 most miserable moments of my life.

Another good reason to never ski.

Or to never ever eat cheap pizza.

That food poisoning hurt more than all my ski injuries ever combined.

“I got food poisoning at the netrunner tournament…”

Another good reason to never play netrunner. Checkmate atheists. :smirk:

10 Likes

Netrunner tournaments rarely have food.

Except that one time they were grilling it up out behind the game store. A++