Fail of Your Day

7.6 miles in 40 minutes is about 11.5 mph average. 30 minutes would be 15mph average. That is quite a big difference in effort.

I average 13-15 when I’m normally biking by myself (according to Strava). I can keep that up for a good 60-70 miles before I start to lose steam.

For rides under 20 miles I shoot for 16-18 unless I don’t want to be sweaty when I get where I’m going.

On the HVRR I averaged 13.3 over the 72 miles.

I give up. I am throwing away my Red Octane DDR pad. It’s been taking up space unused for over a decade. It’s broken, I just couldn’t accept it. If only the floors in the Beacon house had been stronger I could have gotten use out of it. RIP.

Until the day I retire and buy an arcade machine.

Worked on our chicken run this weekend, painting it, putting netting over the top and tent pegging the chicken wire into the ground. After losing the last two we’ll make sure it’s secure this time.

We moved the chickens into it after they’ve grown up from chicks in our spare room for a couple of months. We got four this time instead of two for a bit of safety in numbers.

This morning: no chickens. They were gone without a trace. A fox must have got them by getting under the chicken wire between my tent pegs.

I feel like I had a responsibility for them and I totally failed. They didn’t even last one night. That’s 8 dead chickens over a year that deserved better from me.

1 Like

I have a third Red Octane pad. OG. I haven’t even tried to use it yet, since I still have two bootleg ones that work fine.

1 Like

Bummer about the chickens Guy.

Have you been to DC in the summer? I’d get drenched just walking to work.

2 Likes

It’s just after 8:00 and I just started my workday part 2. I am working (not really) from 8 to 12.

The end is in sight, we’re over by almost an hour at this point.

First thing I saw reading the news tonight was “Reports of shots fired at Santa Fe High School,” which made me panic because that’s the name of the school I went to. After reading the article, I realized that it’s a different school with the same name. That doesn’t make what happened any less bad (and current reports make it seem quite bad), but it does take it out of my hometown (and into someone else’s).

That moment of panic was really eye opening. This has become so normal in the US that it needs to hit close to home to elicit such a strong response.

That happened several years ago for me. The one in Newton, CT (Sandy Hook Elementary). I have family in the CT school system. Thankfully not there, but I was horrified I’d lost my aunt who teaches in a nearby town. Then relieved that she was alright, then immediately guilty that I felt relief.

It’s just fucked up.

Only 8? That’s practically nothing.

Obviously if Texas had more guns, it would be 0.

Biked home on Monday no problem. Didn’t bike yesterday in the rain. Went to leave the house this morning and the rear tire was hella flat. Easily found a giant hole in it. How was that not a problem on Monday??? No time to replace the tube until I get home tonight. Took the road bike to work. Weird to ride it without cleats.

I saw the Mario Tennis demo was available in the Switch eShop. I downloaded it. I setup everything for streaming perfectly. Apparently you can’t actually play it until June 1.

FAIL

EDIT: Tried to stream Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon instead and the HTPC froze?

Double fail.

I had Guitar Center do some work on my Ibanez Artcore hollowbody electric guitar. I got it back yesterday but didn’t play it until tonight when I noticed that notes far up on the neck weren’t fretting right. They were mostly too sharp but sometimes too flat, even tho the string was in tune. Like, half way between the note it was supposed to be and the next note out of tune.

EDIT: Fixed it myself, moderately drunk at that.

Turns out milkshake duck was a sexist all along

https://youtu.be/v-THMK6_JPM

(That is Pogo aka the guy that did the cool mashups with up, Alice in wonderland,Star trek tng, etc.)

Wow. I only ever knew about his work, and knew absolutely nothing about the person. The only story I heard about him was long ago when he messed up his visa to come to the US. Apparently he is a Disney/PIXAR employee? I don’t think that will be the case for much longer.

Welp, he’s done now. I’d say we should continue to expose all the shitheads, but this one exposed himself.

While going to a show my windshield got a crack in it…boo.