Fail of Your Day

I cut the side of my finger on the back of a knife. I didn’t think that was possible.

The only times I’ve ever done that, it turned out I was holding the knife the wrong way round. I still have a scar that runs from my little finger to my middle finger via my ring finger, all from the same “whoops” slice.

I use scalpels all day at work, I seem to only ever cut myself with the edges of cardboard. Frequently.

One time I pressed tip of my finger firmly on the sharp edge of the scalpel blade without realising, and some how I didn’t break flesh.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

In your defense, the edges of that back side ARE sharp!

Well had another MRI looks like I have got post concussion syndrome. The good news being it seems pretty mild and so long as I don’t get another one then I’ll be ok. Have to go back in 6 months to see if there has been a change. But at least I don’t have a brain tumour which is nice.

Also House lied to me. MRI’s are super loud and really boring.

3 Likes

That they fucking are.

2 Likes

Sadly it’s not just with cosplayers. It seem like any artistic endeavor, people think doing things “for exposure” is good enough, even if you’re a nobody trying to get someone to work for you for free.

You have any idea what caused the concussion?

The latest one was falling off a snowboard. Came over a bump the wrong way, whipped my head to the left and then landed on that (or so I was told by Gimli I was out cold at that point). Before that, rugby, falling off horses, skateboarding, getting hit with a mace things like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgOUgrOHuFc

1 Like

For all the ridiculous ski accidents I’ve had over the years, only once did I ever hit my head. I consider myself very lucky in that regard, considering I never even wore a helmet until about a decade ago.

It wasn’t a concussion per se, but it was close. I was dazed and saw stars for a few seconds. I had a headache the next day, but most of the injury was neck and shoulders, which slowly went away over a couple weeks.

Regardless of any concussion, I took it easy for a month on account of my neck/shoulders anyway, and never seemed worse for the wear.

1 Like

Just had a someone drop a very expensive new laptop right after I gave it to them, completely breaking it. This is why I’m not mad that I’m getting laid off. e___e

Not your fault, not your problem.

I’m reminded of when I used to do laptop repair and had someone pick up their PC after I repaired the charging port. They paid, shoved the laptop in an unzipped bag and on their way out the door it fell out of the bag, breaking the screen.

I got charge $400 more on my heating bill when service was not given, due to this I had to spend $700 over the weekend. When I attempted to call them and say WTF my phone’s screen died rendering it useless. Spending $200 to hope that a replacement screen will fix this issue.

A fox got into our garden and killed our two chickens. It’s upset me but my wife was telling me it’s just normal and we have to get used to losing chickens if we are going to have them. I need to keep in mind that they’re not really pets. We’d had them a full year from being chicks.

Had some bad news tried to get a beer. Brought 0%. That about sums up my day.

Edit; Also Sean Penn’s book. Fuck can today just bugger off already. Woke up bummed because the transcendent bodies of pure energy that were my friends and family could no longer communicate with me, due to my organic mind, shitty family news, crap beer and now this. Fuck. Still TGIF right guys…

When you remember sunlight is the best disinfectant.

1 Like

This is the first sexual misconduct report that actually surprised me, excluding an obscure Disney World entertainer.

Turns out the reason why our domain and file shares have been all screwy for the last month is the firewall. And it’s not even like “oh, we were blocking SMB, herp de der!” It’s just dropping connections for a currently inexplicable reason.