Fail of Your Day

So as I said earlier, Verizon set up an appointment for the 19th to come out to my house to fix my broken FIOS line.

However, they came out to my house this morning, while I was at work and without telling me, to fix the line. But because I wasn’t home, they canceled the appointment and closed out the ticket.

After about an hour on the phone with them and dealing with their insane menu system (“Have you tried rebooting your ONT?” “You idiot wanna-be AI, I’m calling because the fiber line was literally ripped from my house! There is nothing to troubleshoot!”), I managed to get it rebooked for Wednesday the 14th.

However, with a nasty storm coming in overnight tonight, I may need to burn a vacation day because I won’t be able to work from home during the storm.

That’s rough man, I’m sorry.

My story is much happier, Lost internet for like… 36 hours. Tree hit a line up the road. Only internet went out, power was fine. Our router’s ip changed, which is a non issue for me but created issues for some people who use it to connect to stuff I host here. Hoping I don’t have the same problem for tomorrow’s storm.

I don’t deal with computer phone systems or first level support for anything ever. I mash 0 or yell “representative” at the voice recognition software until I get a human being and immediately after giving them my identification info I ask to be elevated. My support outcomes for everything from internet issues to banking has dramatically improved since I started doing this.

Yeah, I basically did this after getting past the first two questions (and one of them was if I wanted the call to be in Spanish). After being on hold for who knows how long, I did get through to a helpful person.

Not a personal fail but more something to point out the further failings of capitalism. One if the stores I service set up what is basically an in store food pantry for employees in the break room. I’m not against mutual support among employees but it just makes me think that maybe if Lowe’s paid people a living wage this would be unnecessary and people not going hungry in the first place?

1 Like

Being the top player on your team for x Rocket League games consecutively, losing all, taken from gold 3 to silver 0.

FMFL

Why!!

Two weeks of splitting headaches. Looks like I’ll need to go back to the doctors. Was told by an eight year old that I looked tired. Never a good sign when the kids say I’m looking like shit.

My despair for the future of the legal support profession continues. Contract law is complicated, yes, but if most the class either didn’t read or didn’t understand the case we were assigned to read and were grossly errant in their interpretation and opinion I don’t know what can be done.

So Spring is basically cancelled for the UK.

We had spring? News to me.

Spring is delayed a week in the North east of the US as well.

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVOfS8lAbPs

Watching an anime community discuss whether it’s ok to use the term “traps” is a fucking nightmare.

Traps also predate trans in the mainstream as well

I mean go try to find articles about trans when baka to test was out. You probably have to dig really far, if they even exist.

Traps predate your trannies within internet culture well before they gained attention among the generation populace. That’s what I mean. Traps have a definition and do not deal with identify.

All with positive score on reddit’s second biggest anime sub.

Note: Baka to Test came out in 2010 (manga in 2009)

Got laid off in the company restructuring.

But that’s not my fail of the day.

My fail was the completely paralyzing anxiety attack I had just now. My mind became a blur of thoughts that I was having a heart attack and I could think of nothing else and I went to a clinic and everything and paid money I don’t have to get the news that nothing but anxiety is wrong with me. Man I fucking hate my brain sometimes

I feel you, I went to the ER three times over a few months then was referred to a cardiologist, who told me there was nothing physically wrong with me. At no point during the first three visits did I think I was even particularly anxious, much less enough to have debilitating physiological effects. It just sneaks up on you.

I’m sorry to hear that. Hope you are doing alright now and will find a new job soon.

Let me lob up a bit of a softball here, but I think it’s worth consideration. Youtube is apparently banning some gun stuff, and I can sort of see that. The content I don’t want to see banned is stuff like Taofledermaus, which is firearm enthusiasts doing some odd things, but it’s controlled and pretty fun. They have not been targeted yet, and I hope it stays that way. Who doesn’t want to know what a shotgun shell full of gummy bears does?

What kind of stuff are they banning? And is it a hard ban or demonetization?

I don’t do cosplay, but I thoroughly recognize the time, craft and cost of material that goes into the costumes.

Here’s someone who either doesn’t comprehend this or is trying to bully a cosplay maker (read the whole thread).

What the fuck is wrong with these people?